Scolopendra subspinipes egg hatching duration

Tony92

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just noticed my S subspinipes chinese adult female has curled up around a nice batch of eggs, I've had her since August last year & have to assume she's WC & mated previous to being caught, how long is the duration for the eggs to hatch into pedelings for this species, I've covered her up & upped the humidity slightly hoping for successful hatching of this delightful species.

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tony,

I'm in the same boat, my chinese subspinipes has just laid as well. From what I've read recently it should take roughly 30 days for eggs to hatch. Fingers crossed!

Mike.

Tony92

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cheers for the reply Mike, yes lets hope so, I was so suprised to find her curled up around the batch, normaly dont see her at all, & then for the last week she's above surface & then bang, curled up around nice clutch of eggs, dont know what I'll do with the pedelings to be honest, cant really see how many eggs there are either, its great fun rearing pedelings as well, I have 3 subspinipes barbados specimens & they were hatchlings when purchased last August & they are a lovely size now attacking anything that gets thrown in with them, even large locusts, good luck with your batch Mike, let me know how yours get on, would appreciate a PM at Lasidora@hotmail.com if & when yours hatch mate.........................Tony

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
would appreciate a PM at Lasidora@hotmail.com if & when yours hatch
No worries mate, will do. My females been burrowed ever since I got her. I only saw her curled up through a 'window' in her burrow where its up against the glass. I have moved her to another room where its warm and quiet and I'll spray her about once a week (trying not to disturb her too much!)

Mike.