Scolopendra sp. white legs emergency situation!

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
So, a friend of mine who goes by @kj__i__guess on instagram recently got an S. white legs, and attempted to sex it by pinning it down, turning it around and doing the procedure whilst its conscious. He thinks its a male, but the problem is that his sexual organs still aren't retracted (24h after the sexing attempt), and he's freaking out about it.
He's never used this site before, but could you guys give me some info, so i can pass it onto him? IMG_20210408_131228_096.jpg

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
No i'm serious, i'm too broke to even buy south american pedes right now, and for some reason he's too lazy to learn how a basic forum site works
but what do you mean with aligning?

Andrew101

Arachnopeon
He pushed it too hard and far out hence gave it prolapse, it's detrimental to the animal because it'll dry up and get infected.

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Unfortunately, it seems your friend prolapsed the centipede. The animal will probably die from an infection now.

TheHouseof21pairs

Arachnosquire
How’s the Pede doing??? He’s bleeding right to be freaking out! Your friend messed up the Centipede, it’s not likely gonna survive. If it didn’t retract within the 24hrs it never will on its own. The only way is surgery and It ain’t that easy to find a vet that will perform it on a scolopendra. This sexing thing of centipedes is a very delicate practice and it’s evident that your friend was not careful enough. Last but not least, the knocking off water method worked just fine for decades and most of us keepers still using, with the right attentions obviously, so I don’t see why stressing the shit out of a centipede pinning it down and pushing out its reproductive organs! All that said, I’m really sorry for the pede , it looks like it’s a fine specimen.