Scolopendra sp. "robusta colorform"

arizonensis

Arachnopeon
Just got my 6-7in female robusta this morning! She's a real beauty but hid under her log before I could get any good pictures of her :( (pictures later)
Substrate is a moist mixture of 60% "Reptile Soil", 10% Coconut fiber, and 30% sphagnum and organic (no fertilizer or pesticide) potting soil. It sticks together nicely to make burrows. It's denser than substrates that I've used in the past but I really want her to be able to make a safe chamber to molt in, breed (if I can find a male), etc. Top is fine metal mesh for ventilation.
I'm also trying out janitor isopods, but they're fairly large (size of my pinky fingernail). Any worries that they'll make a mess out of a molt?
I've kept a fair amount of centipedes in the past, but only desert species so any advice about SA pedes is appreciated. Going to do a Scolopendra heros arizonesis banded mating project in the future too.
Thanks!
IMG_0111.jpg

Attachments

arizonensis

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the heads up, I got all the ones I could find out, I'll keep on that as I see them.

MKTHoang

Arachnopeon
Just got my 6-7in female robusta this morning! She's a real beauty but hid under her log before I could get any good pictures of her :( (pictures later)
Substrate is a moist mixture of 60% "Reptile Soil", 10% Coconut fiber, and 30% sphagnum and organic (no fertilizer or pesticide) potting soil. It sticks together nicely to make burrows. It's denser than substrates that I've used in the past but I really want her to be able to make a safe chamber to molt in, breed (if I can find a male), etc. Top is fine metal mesh for ventilation.
I'm also trying out janitor isopods, but they're fairly large (size of my pinky fingernail). Any worries that they'll make a mess out of a molt?
I've kept a fair amount of centipedes in the past, but only desert species so any advice about SA pedes is appreciated. Going to do a Scolopendra heros arizonesis banded mating project in the future too.
Thanks!
View attachment 220385
I have a Scolopendra gigantea "robusta" for sale if you are interested. Email me if you have any questions. mark.hoang12@yahoo.com