Scolopendra polymorpha (unbanded)

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Never saw that kind of Sc.polymorpha, looks nice indeed. :)
Did you find more specimen of this kind ?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I still have one that looks like that, I think I see veeeery faint dark areas on that one.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Did you find more specimen of this kind ?
A few of them were collected in California, I've seen them a few times from CA. There's also a big orange form from Texas without even a hint of banding (there's a photo on the boards somewhere, maybe mine).

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Interesting... I wonder if the intergrades necessarily match a habitat? Or if the colorations are indicative of splits in geographic ranges?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The one I have is from Texas, somebody I know here caught it and gave it to me, they're not into pedes much:clap:. I've never seen one where they found it. There is one area, about a 50 yard stretch of road where I picked up two of them, each during a diff year. I've only seen 4 that I can remember after 1000's of miles of road hunting out there. Maybe it's because of where I've looked, but this is not a pede I would come across often.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i've talked to a liar who said he knows an area in CA where there are only stripeless. he did get stripeless tigers but idk if he only found them or found stripefulls, too

i've talked to a pretty reliable dude who collected from an area maybe 100 miles from the first area and finds like ~10% stripeless

my wastelands have produced about ~0.5% stripeless (2 out of about 300 over 6 years or so)

the local mountains have produced 1 out of about 100