Scolopendra Pollymorpha care and tips please

Cristian22

Arachnopeon
Can anyone give me some tips and advice on how to take care of this specsies I just found in my bathroom its about 3 inches the picture below is what I have it in now coco fiber is the substate and I misted it a couple sprays and it burrowed at the bottom

Attachments

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Very easy to keep. Mist once a week as well as feed once a week. Substrate as deep as their body length. Use an enclosure twice as tall as their body length. Have fun with it. One of my favorite centipedes.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very easy to keep. Mist once a week as well as feed once a week. Substrate as deep as their body length. Use an enclosure twice as tall as their body length. Have fun with it. One of my favorite centipedes.
@RTTB Good info! Do you find that they will come out to hunt at night when they are hungry, or will the vibrations caused by prey bring them out of their burrows? Just wondering what is the best way to witness hunting and feeding behavior.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Mine come out around 4pm for whatever reason. Feed when you see them on the surface and you will witness a lightning pede attack on a cricket. Its pretty amazing.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Mine steadily spend more time out. My oldest pede, a Scolopendra morsitans, hasn't gone under to my knowledge for more than a year, and my two Ethmostigmus rubripes are spending noticeably more hours out during the day as time progresses.