Scolopendra mutilans ? ? ?

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello guys, well I am looking for info on the Chinese red head centipede. There is not a lot of info on the internet on this particular species so i thought you could help me out.

1 I heard that they anr not very aggresive, so much so that they can be keep more than one in the same tank. Is that true ?

2 How big do they get ?

3 Do they spend all day under the rocks or soil ?

4 How long do they live ?

5 Is there venom strong ?

thanks for any posts
Arachnokid 93

Last edited:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i really am not very knowledgable abou the chinese red head but i am not sure why you would want one anyway. There is a native Texas pede that looks better to me and is probably less toxic venom.....its black with yellow legs and a red head ... what more can you get from the chinese one lol

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
1 I heard that they anr not very aggresive, so much so that they can be keep more than one in the same tank. Is that true ?
-> i'm not sure they are not very aggressive. but they are very communal for each other. so yes, you can keep them in a same cage together.

2 How big do they get ?
-> average is around 15cm(1"=2.54cm). but few of them which were caught in wild nature might be up to 20cm.

3 Do they spend all day under the rocks or soil ?
-> maybe, maybe not. it depends on you. but you know they like rocks or soil and so on.

4 How long do they live ?
->

5 Is there venom strong ?
-> i don't have many experiences of other giant centipedes. but i guess it's not stronger than Ss. dehaani "vietnamese."