Scolopendra morsitans repulsed by food

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Recently, my Scolopendra morsitans, which I have owned without issue for over four years, has been acting very oddly. Not only is it not making any attempt to catch the crickets I offer, it is actively avoiding them, its body language seeming to show that it is afraid to touch the cricket in any way, even arching its body when a cricket walked by so that it could walk beneath it without touching. In addition, the moment its antennae detect the prey, it recoils hesitantly, avoiding going within a centimeter of the cricket. If anyone has had experience with this, please let me know. I would hate to lose such a beauty that has been with me for so long.

xash

Arachnopeon
have you tried feeding him/her something other than a cricket? did he/she react differently with the different prey item?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I would hate to lose such a beauty that has been with me for so long.
I don't have much experience with centipedes (I'm new to those) so I can be damn wrong now man, but what if that behavior is something related to age? Because I've heard (and IMO this sucks if proved true) that centipedes (in general) lifespan, isn't at all long as Theraphosidae ones :-(

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Update: it ate, albeit not much, so I suspect a molt. It is true that pedes don't live as long as Tarantulas, but they still live comparatively long lifespans for an invert (avg. 7 years).