Scolopendra morsitans "blue ringed"

skolopender

Arachnopeon
Hi Folks !

I need your help resp. your experience with above mentioned species as i removed my "blue ringed" on the 1st of December into his new tank with about 5-6cms high substrate of cocos-bricks, a big piece of bark and a plant.

At the same time i got another morsitans but a "yellow legged" which i keep under the same conditions as the "blue ringed".

As i light my tanks (for the plants) i never see them during the day but when the light is off and i put a cricket etc. in, then my "yellow legged" comes out of the substrate immediately and hunts for.....
So i can see this one when i'm feeding him at least; the problem is, that i never saw again my "blue ringed" since i put him in his new tank !
I think, that he's still alive as the crickets etc. "disappears" after 1-2 days but i never saw him.

So yesterday i took a look in the tanks of both Scolo's and took out the water dishes and the bricks too but didn't found anyone under. So it's sure, that the built a "cave-system" but with no entrance, hole etc. !

So did you made the same experience with your morsitans (of course under the same conditiones only - hight of substrate...) or can you see them sometimes and if, also if you don't feed them ?!?

Many thanks for your informations !

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Well, it's not the same conditions, but I can tell you that my morsitans burrows under its water dish and rarely if ever comes out from under it. I'm sure that if I gave it enough substrate for burrowing, I'd never see it again.

Scott

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
I have an S. morsitans pling that sits out on top of the substrate in his deli cup at night, or in low light... when I check on them in the morning, he is usually out. He nevers comes out after prety, though... they are VERY secretive night feeders, it seems to me.

skolopender

Arachnopeon
Well, than i calm down as i thought, that my one might have a "psychic problem" :D

So hopefully i will see my other Centipedes - a juvenile S. subspinipes "Malaysian Red Tiger" (is at present approx. 5-6cms long) and a S. heros castaneiceps which i await in the next weeks - more than the morsitans !?!

Many thanks for your informations !