Scolopendra metuenda pairing attempts

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
First one- unsuccessful
Obtained an unsexed one and I thought why not just introduce it to my female for the heck of it. After a bit of initial shock (skittishness, running around), I noticed this-
7FEF0FE6-91F8-46A3-9BC8-BF226EB12DE7.jpeg
After a while I noticed both were hiding under the same piece of bark and when I checked, I saw that they had begun the tapping ritual where the male was vibrating his terminals and the female was tapping them in response.
2B2F3ABF-CAC1-448F-81AA-C1AC3AA7584E.jpeg
I then noticed that the male was beginning to form a sperm web. However, it looked like he was taking too long as the female seemed to become impatient and ended up destroying the web. I decided to wrap things up and separated them, although now I do have confirmation that they are indeed a pair and I am hopeful that I’ll be able to lair them in the future.
CC245AB8-6A17-437F-B8CD-2736886478A8.jpeg

Jumbie Spider

Arachnobaron
Pretty cool. I was wondering something earlier... are they immune to envenomation from another centipede of the same species?
Like, imagine one of them trying to aggressively grab onto a cricket, while curled over it, and accidentally presses its own forcipules into its sternite or pleural region, then it could potentially envenomate itself...
So do they have any built in protection for that? Or from others of the same species? 💭🤔