Scolopendra heros castaniceps pale form

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here's a pale form I picked up at arachnocon. I can't edit it to look like the way *I* see it, so I've included a picture of a normal one.

It's cool. I can actually see the muscles move through the headplate. It's almost as if it's stuck in perpetual post moult.

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine 1.5 years old and i can see through it's cephalic plate too... Maybe it would show better if you put it on something dark, because for now it doesnt seem like a different form to me... They're such cute little lifeforms :).

phil.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, what Phil said. They look a little diff in the pics but not real noticeable. If you take pics with each on something like wood/bark outside in the sunlight, that'd really show the diff in color. Someone showed me a rusty-red color form of heros from s tx last week with a slate gray tail. Why all the diff colors? Has to be environmental/selective stuff going on there. Pretty weird but, not really .....just interesting.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I took some pics of a few noticeably diff colored CB S. heros castaneiceps pedes. The white legged one came from a white legged mom. The lighter greenish one came from a mom that was pretty green. But that mom had mostly really dark babies. Then there's the pic of a typical black one with orange legs.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had a hunch it looked like that but it was a slim hunch. I only have one of those. I noticed it was diff and always looked like it was about to molt. It just molted about a week ago and it still looked like it was about to molt, ha.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This shows the color a *little* bit better.

Maybe your pede wasn't exactly, Galapoheros. This guys seems to have a crazy brown/green thing going on.