scolopendra gigantea $$

TEAM BUGS

Arachnopeon
The question is what is a fair price for S gigantea babies ??
Reason being people buy giant centipedes
WELL for a Giant Centipede !!!
My definition is 8 inches or more body lengths

Comatose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There are no gigantea babies for sale in the US right now. Internationally they go for $500-1000.

NYAN

Arachnoking
$500 for a pling and none are available in the US. Buy a pling of another giant. species. Someone I know is selling them in the classifieds right now actually.

Comatose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@Comatose really? none at all? i would have thought some people would have obtained some...
They're exceptionally hard to get and expensive, and there's only one documented successful breeding (and it didn't happen in the US).

$500 for a pling and none are available in the US. Buy a pling of another giant. species. Someone I know is selling them in the classifieds right now actually.
Ah fair point. OP I absolutely recommend this route; they're not even really plings. Chunky little juveniles who will be giants in no time. I bought 4 and couldn't be happier.

Colby1100

Arachnopeon
I cant find any species of giant centipede right now. I was looking for S. Alternans or S. Heros. Underground Reptiles has Solomon Island giant centipedes but I dont think they get that large and theyre $300. Ive literally searched everywhere for a centipede that grows to 9+ inches but no luck ☹

NYAN

Arachnoking
I cant find any species of giant centipede right now. I was looking for S. Alternans or S. Heros. Underground Reptiles has Solomon Island giant centipedes but I dont think they get that large and theyre $300. Ive literally searched everywhere for a centipede that grows to 9+ inches but no luck ☹
There’s someone selling galapagoensis plings in the Classifieds right now. If you want to PM me, I can put you in touch with them.

Comatose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hit up Nyan. The Solomon Island ones aren't even Scolopendra. With international trade and spending in general in a holding pattern I doubt you're going to see any others any time soon.

TEAM BUGS

Arachnopeon
personally i think $300 for a "6 inches juv of a giant species is a fair price
And compare to a $200 ( jaragua golden amber r ) isopod it wouldn't be wrong to charge $3,000 for a "10 inch giant centipede

Thanks all !!

Scorpio420

Arachnosquire

Comatose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Polymorpha is a fairly small species... the dehaani (labeled subspinipes on their site) gets bigger. I'd still go with Nyan's plings though - well worth the extra money.

TEAM BUGS

Arachnopeon
Things I have read or heard about centipede
Color red seems to associated with giant species that is found in Asia

I personally saw one in taiwan when I was a kid maybe 12" inches body length all red !!! Biggest Centipede I have ever seen !!!