scolopendra gigantea vs t.blondi

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A Burrower out of it's burrow is a lost soul. There's not much more to it really. Put the burrower in it's burrow and make the scolo enter.....*boom*

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A Burrower out of it's burrow is a lost soul. There's not much more to it really. Put the burrower in it's burrow and make the scolo enter <EDIT: kicking and screaming>.....*boom*
:evil:

I'd imagine if a Scolo came investigating the edge of my H hainanum's burrow my T is having a chilopoda stew.

If someone really wants to stage a fight between these animals make sure both animals are bringing a fight to the fight and not going to go on a stroll or flight or peaceful pardons or with handicaps and that in it self is a scientific anomaly because the environment, fortitude, and the actual act I don't feel can be carried out too simply and still hold any scientific merit and weight. Pitting praying mantises against one another or mongoose and cobra matches is popular in some cultures which are actually waged upon.

Look at the dog fighting epidemic here in the States and latest controversy surrounding Michael Vick.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here is a thread I posted both in the spider and scorpion forums...

Aggressive/Defensive: Properly Identifying Spider and Scorpion Behavior

because it applies to pedes too and semi-related to this topic. As far as staging fights as found on youtube.com yes it is very wrong way to conduct and propogate a hobby however please remember there's been reports of soldiers that served in Desert Storm or the current conflict having entertained themselves pitting scorpions, solifugids, and various other inverts against each other that had the misfortune of invading human habitat. But the former certainly dont follow under mature serious enthusiasts.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It is a tottally unfair setup for the Blondi in this video. T´s are ambush predators mostly and pedes run down their food. Most T´s will be trying to escape the enclosure rather than fight. The blondi did not offer much resistence, it was trying to get out. No, put the pede in a place where the T feels at home and i dont think the outcome would be the same. My own big T. Apophysis attacks everything ferouciosly anything i put in there(normal food), but is much more defensive when out of her home.

It is the same thing with all those crazy vids on youtube. They do the typical setup with a Emperor scorp and find a little rosea, it is almost fixed before it starts. Put a Blondi/apophysis in there instead and the scorp will be food. But they wont because they are to expensive to put at risk. Or if they really want a little competiive match then just change the rosie with a obt or lividium.

And last, just dont do these fights, it serves no reason, it is only done because people are curios about how it goes.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'll just say this of the current proposed fight, and all other proposed fights between bugs. it all comes down to one thing, and that is homefield advantage. the winner will almost always be the one whose home the battle occurs in. if the pede goes down the T's burrow, the T will win, because he has the defensive advantage, if the T wanders out into the forest, the pede stands to win. They are both relatively evenly matched when it comes down to the wire. The deciding factor will almost always be where the fight is held.

John

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That is where biology comes, study the predatory behavior of a invertebrate predator in it's natural habitat. All of this is inconclusive.

And this animal bloodsport proves nothing but a spider without it's webs, a hornet without it's wings, a tiger without a fight.

Ultimate cruelty is resigning a happy healthy pet to this fate. *see their puppy dog eyes*

;)

nissan480

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im waitng for this "all viscous t attack on a centipede".LOL,sorry guys,no evidence.Ive seen a pede get crushed by a broom handle,total crushing of two tergite's....and i saw no loss of mobility.

I got a nine inch vietnamese who's always hungry!!!!!!!!!!!ALWAYS

Last edited:

nissan480

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Much better of a fight this time

Still no dead pede though

I guess you could count that as a win..If your using a point system like wrestling.Those were the only two pede vs t's where the t actually walked away.Thats how i see it as a win,it survived.

More respect for t's now though,no doubt.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would've liked to see a scorp/pede fight like in that short clip at the end. Looks like the scorp won that one.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It is my honest opinion, a giant pede would get owned by a H hainanum if the T is permitted to reside in it's burrow and be the aggressor or an aggressive hungry L parahybana pouncing on a pede. But I've said that enough already.