Scolopendra cingulata from Greece!

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello!

I have three specimens of S. cingulata. They are not the same size, the smallest is about 7cm and the largest is about 11cm. They are caught on diffrent places and they dont have the same color. I thought it may be a age thing or something simmilar but Im not sure.

These two are caught on Aegina, notice the dark heads:

This one is caught on Filopappos hill, notice the pale head:

So is this two diffrent forms of cingulata or are they the same?

Evol

Arachnopeon
Those are really nice. I actually picked up one of these at a local reptile expo although mine was a little darker. They are so awesome :)

Arachnoboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a Scolopendra cingulata from Greece,it doesn't look like any of the three in your pictures. A few years back I had another S.cingulata (not sure it was from Greece), that one didn't look like the one I have now, nor any of your three.
Apparently they come in a variety of colour forms, perhaps different colours from different areas.......that would be my guess!

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I definitely think there is a big colour variation between locales of this species. I have a cingulata from Egypt that looks totally different from other Egyptian cingulatas I've seen. The variation in colour makes them fun to keep and exciting to order in but it also can make proper identification difficult when trying to compare against other specimens!