Scolopendra alternans/longipes?

Alex9104

Arachnosquire
just wondering if this is a good species? I am looking for some fast and aggressive species (love seeing take downs), would this be a good choice for me? I’ve had a Florida keys pling before but it wouldn’t eat for months, it was only about 5cm or less, just wondering if this species is aggressive?

TheHouseof21pairs

Arachnosquire
Usually Scolopendra sp. are all quite aggressive.Subspinipes/Dehaani species are known to be the most fierce and feisty... I don’t know Ethmostigmus cause never had it but I’ve seen great take downs from them also.
Some pedes are more prone to burrowing than others. All pedes tend to burrow a lot especially if they’re going into molt, looking for moisture in the substrate, or sometimes pedes that live in subtropical area tend to burrow during the colder season for a couple of months. Premolting period could easily last up to 3 months. This is my umile opinion...I’m sure the big guys can give a lot more info!
Take care

Alex9104

Arachnosquire
Usually Scolopendra sp. are all quite aggressive.Subspinipes/Dehaani species are known to be the most fierce and feisty... I don’t know Ethmostigmus cause never had it but I’ve seen great take downs from them also.
Some pedes are more prone to burrowing than others. All pedes tend to burrow a lot especially if they’re going into molt, looking for moisture in the substrate, or sometimes pedes that live in subtropical area tend to burrow during the colder season for a couple of months. Premolting period could easily last up to 3 months. This is my umile opinion...I’m sure the big guys can give a lot more info!
Take care
Yeah ethmostigmus are generally not as aggressive and love burrowing, basically pet dirt, they all burrow but ethmostigmus do it more

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Yeah ethmostigmus are generally not as aggressive and love burrowing, basically pet dirt, they all burrow but ethmostigmus do it more
As mentioned above, most Scolopendra are fantastic eaters. Never kept S. alternans or S. longipes, but S. dehaani are usually quite aggressive towards prey. I’ve never had one that wasn’t....