Scientists Engineer Gorgeous Glowing Plants That Shine Bright Their Entire Life Cycle

HuntsmanHermmans786

Arachnopeon
Wow but this topic is similar to the glo fishtopic is it ethical and natural. Basically no. We have to ask ourselves the question of what happens if these species were introduced to the wild, the glo fish case is unethical due to the fact only 1 in 3 fish actually survive. Wether it's the same case with those plants I don't know but we shouldn't really support it. But beautiful plant anyway

radjess331

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Personally I find this to be really cool. It would be a dream to have a room full of glowing pothos on the walls. Or putting in glowing plants in terrariums with our animals would be cool!

Only downside would be for species that require darkness.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Wow but this topic is similar to the glo fishtopic is it ethical and natural. Basically no. We have to ask ourselves the question of what happens if these species were introduced to the wild, the glo fish case is unethical due to the fact only 1 in 3 fish actually survive. Wether it's the same case with those plants I don't know but we shouldn't really support it. But beautiful plant anyway
It probably makes it harder for the fish to evade predators if it’s glowing.