Scientific name for this T?

Brand fhp

Arachnopeon
i just bought a tarantula the lady I bought it off of said it was a desert tarantula lol if anyone has any clue what his actual scientific name is it would be appreciated :) IMG_0573.JPG

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
It looks like a mature male... Get a better pic of the pedipalps. In that case you were pretty much ripped off (unless you bought it knowing it was a mature male). The people you bought it from more than likely just found the guy strolling along the road and decided to pick it up and sell it. He doesn't have much time left, (a year, MAYBE two at the most). All we know for certain is that it is an Aphonopelma species. Do not breed it with any Aphonopelma before you are 100% sure of the species, and we can't know the species without specific locality info (where it was collected).

Last edited:

Brand fhp

Arachnopeon
It looks like a mature male... Get a better pic of the pedipalps. In that case you were pretty much ripped off (unless you bought it knowing it was a mature male). The people you bought it from more than likely just found the guy strolling along the road and decided to pick it up and sell it. He doesn't have much time left, (a year, MAYBE two at the most). All we know for certain is that it is an Aphonopelma species. Do not breed it with any Aphonopelma before you are 100% sure of the species, and we can't know the species without specific locality info (where it was collected).
Well she found it about 2 years ago in her closet she said it was the size of a quarter I don't plan on breeding him and I knew it was a mature male I got the enclosure and him for $10 which honestly to me isn't bad I just wanted to see what he was and read up on him