Scientific articles we should all read.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Good question! I can't really contribute but I'll be following this and looking at that link.

I did read the ID paper on P victorii the other day. Made me want one even more...

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Tarantula keepers should read anything and everything published! It would be impossible to list it all in one thread. Searching with the word "theraphosidae" (without quotes) at Google Scholar provides the best list of academic/ scientific papers out there. The best part, most of it is free.

Theraphosidae at Google Scholar

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Tarantula keepers should read anything and everything published! It would be impossible to list it all in one thread. Searching with the word "theraphosidae" (without quotes) at Google Scholar provides the best list of academic/ scientific papers out there. The best part, most of it is free.

Theraphosidae at Google Scholar
You mean people might have to actually find information on their own by using a search feature, instead of being spoon fed links to articles like the forum is a fast-food joint. What has this world come to :rolleyes::D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@Arachnomaniac19 What specifically did you not like about my post??

You certainly had the time to Dislike my post, but you didn't have the time to Like my previous post which had a long list of papers? :rolleyes::rolleyes::watchingyou::wideyed:

I regret providing that link for you.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
@Arachnomaniac19 What specifically did you not like about my post??

You certainly had the time to Dislike my post, but you didn't have the time to Like my previous post which had a long list of papers? :rolleyes::rolleyes::watchingyou::wideyed:

I regret providing that link for you.
I have no interest in getting into something with you. The way I see it, the point of a forum is to ask questions, even if the answers are available in some other way.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have no interest in getting into something with you. The way I see it, the point of a forum is to ask questions, even if the answers are available in some other way.
The point of a forum is not only to ask questions, but when questions are answered to show your appreciation in some way. A forum is a community, not a fast-food food joint.

Next time say Thanks to people who helped you out, like those in this thread, instead of just dishing out a negative response.

It shows a lack of appreciation on your part to the people who took time out of their day to help you.

Last edited:

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of the things I've always appreciated about this hobby is that anyone who becomes "seriously" interested or invested almost necessarily ends up getting somewhat enmeshed in the scientific/taxonomic world that underpins a lot of what we know about tarantulas. One of the best overall resources for direct scientific source material on spiders is absolutely the World Spider Catalog:

http://www.wsc.nmbe.ch/genlist/100/Theraphosidae

Anyone can sign up for a free membership and thereby have access to an immensely thorough, easily searchable database of scientific literature on all our favorite tarantulas (and other spiders), well known and otherwise!

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
The point of a forum is not only to ask questions, but when questions are answered to show your appreciation in some way. A forum is a community, not a fast-food food joint.

Next time say Thanks to people who helped you out, like those in this thread, instead of just dishing out a negative response.

It shows a lack of appreciation on your part to the people who took time out of their day to help you.
I gave your post an informative rating (since removed). Generally people seem to be happy with that.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I gave your post an informative rating (since removed). Generally people seem to be happy with that.
You may have, but only after I pointed out your behavior. It's now gone. I'm always happy with that. But there was no informative rating at all from you at the time of my posts, simply a dislike.

It's nice to see you acknowledging Korg's response.

If you want the link I put up back let me know.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
You may have, but only after I pointed out your behavior. It's now gone. I'm always happy with that. But there was no informative rating at all from you at the time of my posts, simply a dislike.

It's nice to see you acknowledging Korg's response.

If you want the link I put up back let me know.
I gave you the rating before you started acting rude. I removed it afterwards. If you want to continue this, just pm me. I'm sure other people don't care to see this.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I gave you the rating before you started acting rude. I removed it afterwards. If you want to continue this, just pm me. I'm sure other people don't care to see this.
There was no rating at all.

Why do you think I wrote what I did.. because there was no rating from you to anyone who helped you.

I have nothing to PM you about.