School presentation

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ok , i have been asked to bring some bugs to a school and do a presentation about them.
I was asked to bring a few Tarantulas and some of my roaches and millipeded , centipedes and scorpions and what ever else i want to bring.

I will take my old G. rosea, and maybe another one, just not sure. maybe an Avic. but do oyu think it will stress the avic too much to take her over 100 miles away do a presentation and come back ?I dont think a bomb going off would stress the rosea lol
Also any suggestions on what info to give to grades K-3?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
lucky =P

things to tell little-ish kids. maximum size for each "kind" (i.e. blondi, parahybana = ~10-12" for t; heros, gigantea, galapogensis = ~12" BL; H. swammerdami = ~8" for scorps; 15"+ for AGB milli; etc)

tiny bit of husbandry info "this eats crickets, roaches and other bugs. this eats fruit and vegetables. this burrows, this doesn't"

oh, and pander with venom/defensive measure info.

KISS it or you risk flooding their brains' carburetors

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
just remember that some kid could be super sensitive to the urticating hairs, so anything like that should be in an airtight container if you want something to pass around. plus fragile.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
just remember that some kid could be super sensitive to the urticating hairs, so anything like that should be in an airtight container if you want something to pass around. plus fragile.
hmmm so letting them stroke the fur is out huh
i am thinking of placeing them in zip locks, dont have anything more durable but im nto a molt keeper just too lazy to throw them out lol