Scary situations with T's! (but it was fine at the end)

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
One from yesterday that got especially dicey:

I was feeding one of my three Cyriopagopus lividus slings (got some pinhead crickets shipped in yesterday). Normally, the way I feed slings is to use a tiny deli container as a catch cup to catch a pinhead (using a tong to scare it into the catch cup), open the deli, and drop the pinhead in.

The problem was that because of how many slings I have, I tend to leave the cricket bin open while I go around feeding the slings and putting their delis back in their original positions. Well, this particular lividus sling (a known bolter) bolted out of its deli the moment I opened it....and I was stupidly holding its deli above the open cricket bin! The end result was that the sling jumped right into the crate surrounded by 50+ pinheads (some around its own size, some smaller).

Fortunately, because the cricket bin is largely occupied by an egg crate and the sling landed on that, I was able to use my tongs to get it running towards and then up the bin wall, out of the bin, and onto the floor, where I bagged it with the catch cup.
It bolted straight for the buffet table!

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
It bolted straight for the buffet table!
For a second I thought about leaving the sling in there until it ate one of the pinheads and then picking it out after it was done, as stupid as that would have been.

I'm just glad that it never went under the egg crate; if it had I'd had to pick through the entire bin to find it again, resulting in a swarm of pinheads loose in the house.