Scary Moment

Irfin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So...

Sitting watching TV; almost midnight. 5 double IPA's deep. Cats on the couch with me. See a mouse like object dart across the front of the TV. Cats notice it too.

Jump up and switch on lights. My Singapore Blue is sitting there waiting for me like, "You're move, sucker!"

Crap! Just moved in with the GF, promised her this wouldn't happen. Do you realize how hard it is to find the right type of woman as a T lover... Oh, yah, I guess you do.

Container! I need a container... Bowl half-filled with rice; messy. Ceramic sculpture bowl; risky. Think!

Bowl it is. Rice scatters, T scatters, bowl breaks. A Singapore Blue disappears into the recesses of a large, room sized couch. <edit>

Container! Run to spider closet. Notice agar entrance to recently constructed critter carrier arboreal enclosure. Shipwreck! Should have used the rubber bands! Lazy!

Container!

Pop a 1lb deli cup from my fruit fly kit. Dash back to the living room. Deep breath.

Heavy. Too big. What if? The worst.

Set up a boundary around the perimeter. Ugly couch cushions. A soft blanket spoiled with cat fur. Hope for the best.

Flip the curtains aside to find a forgotten canvas frame of an owl with some cheesy expression that’s worth forgetting. No one remembers it was gone until now.

Gingerly. She’s there. Steady. Slow.

BAM! Got her.

Never again.

Last edited by a moderator:

BillyG

Arachnopeon
congratulations!I'm think about getting a singapore blue myself,i heard they're less aggrissive than other asian earth tigers(which i have one right now).

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
Glad you caught it, and also glad your Cat was there and not the gf!!

Now, can you please let it loose so we can have another story like this?

Saf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Scary indeed. :eek:

Just glad you got to it before the cat did.

How did it get out in the first place?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Wow, glad you caught her. I just had the runaround with my new baby H mac... even using doubled container perimeters... Fast little sucker. He's in his new tank now (he, she, it) and munching away, but gee, this is nerve wracking! I like the big slow ones... LOL!

Marga

Irfin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Critter keeper lid was ajar.

PS: It's against forum rules to even suggest a curse word via @#$##...?

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes I believe it is.

I actually had my first 'escapee' today. I was misting some of my slings today and my only remaining A. sp. "peru purple" sling darted from the vial and leaped into my lap before totally disappearing.

I spend several minutes shaking out my clothes and frantically searching the immediate area and...nothing! Can't find it, anywhere!

At this point there was a lot going through my head, namely, that I need to get some cubes for my Avics instead of vials! And also how badly I really need to (and should have) kept my room clean.

I eventually found the little guy pokie stance against a stack of movies. It took me several more minutes to wrangle the little jerk into his vial.

Gave me a freaking heart attack and I was 10 minutes late to work. But I'm glad I found the guy.

Glad yours was a happy ending too! :) I love how you ended the post, made gave me a chuckle. Yes, not a fun situation I imagine!

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great story! You are talented, that was almost poetry. :)

How did your gf take it? My family is not on board with my collection. So an escape could be very bad...

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We tell people that come to our house that we wouldn't keep tarantulas, if they could get out. I'm glad you caught it and the lesson is learned.;)