Scalopendra Morsitans. Whats going on?

Devour

Arachnopeon
Q on behaviour. Have had my SM for about a year. Eat, sleep - repeat. Kept in the classroom. Only had one escape attempt. Rectified enclosure for no repeat efforts. SM eats crickets. Discovered today some white thread like piles in the enclosure. It looks like a cocoon of sorts. 1cm by 1cm..approx. Take a look at attached photos. I can rattle on all day about tree frogs, giant burrowing cockroaches and other various creatures, from my classroom...but i am at a loss as to whats going on. (Have some ideas...but you guys know these things..inside out).
Any takers.

Attachments

Devour

Arachnopeon
The sub looks to be bone dry too.
Thanks for reply. It is summer here in Sydney, and enclosure is now under pergola. So exposed to warmer air. As compared to air con classroom. (Although air con not applied Sat and Sun!) Terrarium measures 26cm by 13cm by 8cm. 75% deep with CoCo peat substrate. I,m going to turn over the substrate today. Q....how often would you rec the substrate changed over? Plus water in the substrate?. (SM has a water bowl supplied)
My GB cockroach uses the same substrate..but i keep it alot more moist and damp...with about 25% dry and woody. What does SM ideally thrive on???

Devour

Arachnopeon
Mold. You're going to want to get rid of that.
Done. Thanks. So....mold is of left overs from dead crickets?? Plus change in weather environment here in Sydney. Summer ...hot. Warmer position for enclosure...now out of classroom and at my house, over holidays..outside under cover. Humidity??? Thanks...appreciate tips.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Thanks for reply. It is summer here in Sydney, and enclosure is now under pergola. So exposed to warmer air. As compared to air con classroom. (Although air con not applied Sat and Sun!) Terrarium measures 26cm by 13cm by 8cm. 75% deep with CoCo peat substrate. I,m going to turn over the substrate today. Q....how often would you rec the substrate changed over? Plus water in the substrate?. (SM has a water bowl supplied)
My GB cockroach uses the same substrate..but i keep it alot more moist and damp...with about 25% dry and woody. What does SM ideally thrive on???
I have the substrate damp for my pede. Not wet just damp. I have springtails in with my pede and they do a great job keeping the enclosure clean.

Devour

Arachnopeon
I have the substrate damp for my pede. Not wet just damp. I have springtails in with my pede and they do a great job keeping the enclosure clean.
Springtails? Had to google that one. Remember i,m a newbie...sort of. 99% of Google links are about how to get rid of them!!! Do you mean 'flick beatles'???. Curious...where did you get your Springtails? PS...Merry Christmas. Warm and hot in Sydney on Xmas Day.