Sc.hardwickei 2011

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Allready working for 2011,

This is the 3th male allready she succesfully took a spermweb from,
she's such a ##### ;)

The morning after in "spoons position" :)

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Soon, the hobby will be over run with these.
Good job!!! :clap:

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Soon, the hobby will be over run with these.
Good job!!! :clap:
Maybe a few years, but as far i'm aware only 4 people had a clutch this year,
i still encourage to breed these as imports will soon stop and all present adult specimen won't stay alive for ever ;)
hopefully i can also get a second generation soon with the pedelings of this summer.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe a few years, but as far i'm aware only 4 people had a clutch this year,
i still encourage to breed these as imports will soon stop and all present adult specimen won't stay alive for ever ;)
hopefully i can also get a second generation soon with the pedelings of this summer.
Good luck to you!
I'm sure with time to come, all those pedelings from those clutches will be having those of their own.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Very nice! I definitely plan to breed the ones I have as soon as they're able to :) I don't think we'll have a problem establishing these in the hobby without WC imports.

I wish you luck with this future clutch!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
lol, hey that's nice to see Steven! It would be hard to "overkill" with breeding them.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Had an ex-girlfriend like that once{D

Shucks, I was hoping for some discernible difference between male/female when pictured next to one another, even by body thickness but physically they appear to be identical.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are sooo gorgeous. I've almost left the Myriapod hobby but these...are welcome regardless of my womans thoughts. I will buy slings from you if you let me.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I noticed the black segments differ near the top of the head for both specimens. Is that common and can it be used as an indicator for anything? The top one also has 8 colored segments while the bottom one has 9.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't think it really means much..but I could be wrong. I have one that has the same pattern as the top specimen and one with the same pattern as the bottom, however the first segment is only half black.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey, colors mean nothing, i had clutches with pedelings that showed
8, 8.25, 8.50, 8.75, 9 black segments.

the male is at the bottom btw :razz:,
another proof tickness, lenght also don't mean much in sexing pedes by outer appereance ;)

krabbelspinne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey steven, I think in colouration of hardwickei, there is one steady point: segments 7 and 8 are yellow-orange, but never black! can you check this in your specimen?

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey Christian, yes correct, haven't seen a single one with differences on segment 7 and 8,...
There's also a blackheaded hardwickei colorform btw,
but haven't seen that one alive in the hobby,... only dead. :eek:

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@steven&Christian: Be sure to post some pics of those, would be realy cool to see the different forms. Are they just random variations, as e.g. specimens with abberant bading, or ar they stabel subpopulations? And do they fit the key for hardwickei perfectly?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer