Saying hello again and Our best macro pic

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We haven't posted that much in a while if anyone is wondering who we are or wondered where we were. We are expecting our first child soon, a boy Shawn Michael, and we had to prioritize some things. For those of you who don't know us, we have been keeping tarantulas for 10 years. Starting with a Chilean rose, of course, her name was Fluffy and I, Johnny, got into keeping because of my gripping fear of spiders. I had a bad experience with a Wolf spider,that included a bite and an eggsac carrying momma crawling out of the shoe I was attempting to put on. So as a lad I became arachnophobic which carried into my young adult life until 21 when I realized that fear of any kind can hold you back in life from experiencing some pretty amazing things. So on my 21st birthday I got Fluffy who I cared for for almost 8 years, RIP--March 2001. I introduced T keeping to my now wife, Jill, who is now as completely fascinated as am I with tarantulas. I can't wait to share my fascination with tarantulas with my soon to arrive (July 19) son, Shawn. Anyhow, here's that pic it is also our avatar but it is hard to see well when its that small. Johnny and Jill

Attachments

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi guys,
Congrats. on the new baby, and happy fathers day to Johnny. :)
Jill, when are ya due? Soon I hope. Must be getting kinda hot down there by now.
All your T's doing well?
Good to hear from you guys..:D

Ernie

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The baby is due on July 19 +/- and hot isn't the word for it. The GD humidity is the killer. Jill has been a trooper (even when our adult male T. blondi escaped a couple weeks ago)but I can tell the heat has been getting to her. Only a month to go but really she is full term as of next Saturday. We are both really excited. This is our first and we can't wait to meet him. Thanks for asking. Well as for our T's, we have at our latest head count: 37 tarantulas and 1 trapdoor. We have a few breeding projects afoot. We are breeding our T. blondis, our P. cambridgei, and we attempted to breed our C. cyaneopubescens which we awaiting what seems to be "nesting" behaviour. We have a possibly gravid B. albopilosum, purchased as such though I'm not to sure. We are going to be getting E. campestratus females and P. irminia females for the males of those species that we have. Also, raising some G. auerostriata and G. pulchra slings. I guess you could say procreation is rampant in our house. All in all it is fun around here.