Saying goodbye to my first T

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Today was a sad day, I found my first t ever MM P. irminia in a death curl. It was sad since it was my first T. that I raised from probably 3rd instar. I almost shed a tear when I pulled it out and flushed it down the toilet. I guess I saw it commiog since the past few months it was moving slower and could no longer walk up glass walls. I have finished my mourning and am now looking forward for my next T.
On a plus side my communal P. murinus tank seems to still be doing fine, I still have 4 in the tank (I belive 1MM and 3MF). I saw the MM walking around about a month ago and 2 of the MF have burried themselves in their hides, hopefully one of them has dropped a sac, I will check tomorrow, until then I can always wish:drool:

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Always blows to loose your first T, so I know just how you feel but it happens. :)

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You flushed your beloved T down the toilet? Wow. I could never do that, I would have to give him or her a proper burial.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
You flushed your beloved T down the toilet? Wow. I could never do that, I would have to give him or her a proper burial.
I flush mine down the toilet. You've never heard of a water burrial? :D

The association between water and immortality is reflected in the myths of many cultures, myths that often centre on a god-hero who sails away from his people in death with the promise to return again. The bodies of chiefs and heroes, therefore, have often been set adrift on rivers and oceans in death ships.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

The association between water and immortality is reflected in the myths of many cultures, myths that often centre on a god-hero who sails away from his people in death with the promise to return again. The bodies of chiefs and heroes, therefore, have often been set adrift on rivers and oceans in death ships.
Well I guess that is one way of looking at it...LOL.

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire

I gave my first centipede a Viking Funeral in my bird bath. I took small pieces of wood and glued them together to make a raft of sorts. Then I put a mast made of a long match on the front. I put the long match through a makeshift sail. I them made a bed of dead grass that I smothered in lighter fluid. I then put the Viking Ship in the bird bath (no lighter fluid got in, don't worry). After that, I put the dead pede in the bed and lit that sucker up. It burnt for a good 5 minutes. I felt it was a proper burial for a pretty cool centipede. When my T's die I will probably do the same thing. It just seems more fitting than digging a hole and covering my critter with dirt, even though that's what some of them do when they are a live.

OP: Sorry about the death, it always sucks.

--Dan

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

At least it wasnt a viking burial.. {D

There are lots of strange ways to do a burial. :p
http://matadornetwork.com/bnt/2008/06/25/10-extraordinary-burial-ceremonies-from-around-the-world/
Ha! We both posted at the same time, you saying at least it wasn't a Viking Funeral, and me saying it should have been. That's pretty lucky:D!!

--Dan

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I guess in some way it was a viking ritual, but when I did it originaly I just thought it was the most efficient way to say goodbye. I didn't want to burry it or just drop it in the trash, if I thought mnore about it I might have done a greek or roman funeral, I guess I can do that when my next invert dies.

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
Sorry to hear about your loss. I hear getting MORE Tarantulas almost always works, to help ease the pain.;)