Saw these while I was out today....

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
Always on the lookout for products to help keep my T's. Give me you thoughts. I know lots of people keep pill vials for slings, but I kind of have a fear of knocking them over...these would be terrestrial slings only...also, I like to use small solo cups cut in half as hides for my little guys...they use them and I know I can get one in there along with a water dish. Thoughts? $1.23

IMG_20161211_112305108_HDR.jpg IMG_20161211_112326000_HDR.jpg IMG_20161211_112341477_HDR.jpg IMG_20161211_112354187_HDR.jpg IMG_20161211_112456238_HDR.jpg IMG_20161211_112525057_HDR.jpg

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Nice, but for terrestrial slings, I prefer more depth for the substrate. I use the small Rubbermaid Take a long from Dollar General store, pack of 4 is $2.50. Nearly a 4" cube, giving plenty of surface area for a hide and water cap.
I don't care for vials nor condiment cups either. My slings get more room than what most keepers provide theirs. Haven't had any starve either.
Example in photo: N. carapoensis, larger one, same brand/store, comes 3 pack for $2.99.
Second photo, when purchased, it was in a 2 oz. condiment cup and immediately rehoused. Dug a burrow to the bottom, didn't use the cork hide. Both enclosures have 2"-2 1/2" of topsoil as substrate.

Attachments

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
Nice, but for terrestrial slings, I prefer more depth for the substrate. I use the small Rubbermaid Take a long from Dollar General store, pack of 4 is $2.50. Nearly a 4" cube, giving plenty of surface area for a hide and water cap.
I don't care for vials nor condiment cups either. My slings get more room than what most keepers provide theirs. Haven't had any starve either.
Example in photo: N. carapoensis, larger one, same brand/store, comes 3 pack for $2.99.
Second photo, when purchased, it was in a 2 oz. condiment cup and immediately rehoused. Dug a burrow to the bottom, didn't use the cork hide. Both enclosures have 2"-2 1/2" of topsoil as substrate.
Yeah...my one question about it was regarding depth... Thought it might be a little to shallow.

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have used the deeper ones to the left of the one you are holding in the last picture. Those work great for really tiny slings for a long time! I used them for my B.Vagans slings.

bulbousbooty

Arachnopeon
This puts my mind at ease a bit. I just got a round set of those yesterday for my first T sling. The plastic is just flexible enough to make poking holes a breeze. I was concerned it's too big but the cricket I put in there last night appears to have been eaten.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
This puts my mind at ease a bit. I just got a round set of those yesterday for my first T sling. The plastic is just flexible enough to make poking holes a breeze. I was concerned it's too big but the cricket I put in there last night appears to have been eaten.
Glad you like them.
Are yours the red tops? I've seen some with blue, same size and price.
A heated sewing needle, used by many, make nice small holes.
Live prey, crickets and lateralis, will walk right into deaths arms/fangs. Lol!

bulbousbooty

Arachnopeon
Glad you like them.
Are yours the red tops? I've seen some with blue, same size and price.
A heated sewing needle, used by many, make nice small holes.
Live prey, crickets and lateralis, will walk right into deaths arms/fangs. Lol!
Yes, on the red tops. I will have to try a heated needle next time. I started the holes on the outside with a tiny nail and then used a size zero knitting needle to finish it from the inside. One day with a T and I already feel like Macgyver. You aren't kidding on the death's arm bit. The crickets walk right up to them! It was awesome to see it pounce on one for the first time.