Savu python

Mistwalker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Went into the pet shop today looking to get mice and crickets, came out with those and a beautiful baby savu python. He's captive bred, and has a great temperament. Doesn't bite, but never sits still. I can't wait for him to get large, and get those pure white eyes.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What a gorgeous little snake! It's too bad that they don't maintain that bright orange coloring as adults, though. I used to have a pair of adults, and they were great snakes. They don't get big-about the same size as a Corn snake, and they have the softest skin of any snake.

pitbulllady

Mistwalker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He does have very soft skin. And the colors are a little boring for adults, but they get those amazing eyes.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
YOU LUCKY little.... I have alwways wanted one of those, how much did it cost?

KingBaboon85

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
In canada where i live i bought a jungle carpet python for 235$ so you are pretty lucky

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
what DO they look like as adults? as far as coloration and pattern

They are basically just a mottled brown-black, with a white belly. From a distance, they could easily be mistaken for a Black Ratsnake, since they are of that similar slender build, not chunky at all like many python species. They do have incredible irridescence, though, rivaling a Rainbow Boa's, and of course those stark white eyes that really show up well in contrast to the predominantly blackish coloring.

pitbulllady

x-topher

Arachnopeon
I just got three of them in at work. We ordered them as hatchling scrub pythons, but oh well. Handle him/her a lot! It was lucky to get one that's not aggressive.

rag

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL

id like to read up on these. anyone have some good caresheets/writings on hand? once summer rolls around ill be getting a snake, better well read than not ;P

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ONLY 80 doolars! My CB jungle carpet baby was 150 dollars I am really jealous now. Perhaps they did not know what they were selling?

Mistwalker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nah, they knew what species it was, and the woman who works there has dozens of snakes. He's a great little snake, and I handle him a little every day. Very calm, and he eats like a pig.