Savannah having surgery tomorrow

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just wanted to let everyone know about my male Sav having abdominal surgery tomorrow morning.....he has an obstruction (they dont know what) and it will NOT pass on its own. The doc says he will probably die if the masses are not removed.

This is going to cost me $800 total, and there are no guarentees that he will even live through it.

I am really sad; I have had this big guy for 5 years, and I dont know what I would do without him.....Everyone, keep your fingers crossed for me:8o

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sending healing and good thoughts your way. I hope the big guy pulls through okay and recovers just fine. Keep us updated.

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks....I am a mess right now, my monitor is my spoiled baby.....what a horrible day this has been.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I can totally understand... my Uro and my little Beardie are spoiled rotten. They even get attitude over who gets to hang out with me first.

Hang in there! Your baby will be fine and come home with a clear gut, recover in no time and you'll quickly put all this worry behind you. Just keep thinking positive! :)

~Aminah

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He is having the surgery as we speak...the vet called this morning and said that his colon/intestines had been punctured by something a month or so ago, and that part of colon has to be removed. My poor baby has been in so much pain.....and I didnt even realize it until he started vomiting and violently shaking his head.

So, now the vet bill is up to $1100....but my buddy is worth the debt. I will let you know how it turns out....keep your fingers crossed

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your baby. Keep us posted.

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
any updates? I hope all turns out well. I would hate to put my monitor through that expensive of a surgery.

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome news.....I got to pick my monitor man up this morning....his surgery went really well, they had to remove like 3" of his colon....He is all good now, but that scar on his tummy is pretty gnarly...He is on a liquid diet for 2 weeks.

Thanks a lot for the positive thoughts! Now that he is going to be okay, I need to start worrying about that damn vet bill, it ended up being $1065.....

Last edited:

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ouch! Sucky bill but glad he came through fine! Best wishes to the guy for a fast recovery. :) Funky scar!

~Fred

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
WOW! Sorry about the bill. That's a neat story. More and more vets are taking on reps. The big dude looks really tired but a "good" kind of tired, a "relieved" kind of tired. Glad to hear he made it:cool: .

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WOW! Sorry about the bill. That's a neat story. More and more vets are taking on reps. The big dude looks really tired but a "good" kind of tired, a "relieved" kind of tired. Glad to hear he made it:cool: .
Haha, yeah....he is zonked out on painkillers:D :D

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am sooo happy to see this guy make it through surgery! :D

That bill sounds a bit scarey, but if you're like me.. they are all worth it! Every single penny... they are worth it! :)

Have a speedy and complete recovery, big guy!

Bedlam

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its always good news and bad news, but the good certainly outweighs the bad!
Congrats and I hope the big dude has a speedy recovery.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Glad he made it. :clap: Try not to let him develop an addiction to the pain meds. I cannot imagine how bad a monitor is when he is jonsing. {D

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pay it off in 100 dollar chunks if they let ya and in ten months it should be nearly paid off. Glad he made it.

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pay it off in 100 dollar chunks if they let ya and in ten months it should be nearly paid off. Glad he made it.
That's the plan....I just dumped the charge on one o' my good ol' credit cards so I can worry about it when the bill comes in next month....

Mr. Monitor is doing really good; I set him up in a modified ICU unit and he has to be force fed this liquid diet for 2 weeks.....he is NOT happy about it. But, either way, at least he's alive and gets the painkillers....

I still wonder what the hell poked the hole in his colon...the doc said it may have been a mouse bone or something else like that.

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Or a mouse tooth... they're sharp little buggers...

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Update

My monitor died an hour ago....

This is the worst night ever....

He was the coolest pet anyone could ever ask for.....

Thanks for your support.....

:-(