Species Pamphobeteus sp. "Santo Domingo Goliath"

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've got a juvenile female and these really stunning spiders!

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gorgeous T! Only one pic though??!! :confused: You gotta have more right?

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Bumping this thread.

Would be glad to see some pictures of adult females and males if possible. Juveniles would also be cool:)

Sana

Arachnoprince
Care sheet?

I just got my first spiderling in this family and to save my life I can't find anything for the care requirements for the poor baby. The best that I can figure is by guess based on the climate in the area they are native to. It seems like my baby wants to be 78-86 F and 80-90% humidity. By observation my baby will eat nearly any time food is offered. I have yet to be brave enough to try to handle her, but to this point she's tolerant of being touched (very gently with a pencil) except before a molt or when she's hungry. Also she's still young enough that gender is no where near a sure thing, though we are thinking that she's female. If anyone can add to this with more and/or better information I would be thrilled to here it.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I don't got this spider, I got Pinkblooms though. Would keep an eye out for slings.

Last edited:

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Why does everything have to be dirt cheap with these hobbyists on here?!??!?! I'm getting tired of hearing people whine about how expensive t's are. I've put thousands into my collection because I worked for it!!! These lazy entitled hobbyists need to get a job and shut the front door!

Amazing pampho by the way! I'm really contemplating about owning some pampho species again!

multibit

Arachnopeon
I'm from the UK but do have a couple of slings I've had for a few month's . I can post a couple of pics of the slings , these are by far the most greedy Pamphobeteus we own, they are always hungry :)

---------- Post added 11-10-2014 at 09:28 AM ----------

My opinion regarding pricing, if you think their too expensive simply don't buy them , for me I don't mind saving up and buying the ones I want. Still have a big want list though :biggrin:

multibit

Arachnopeon
In the UK we normally have to pay more for everything else :D

---------- Post added 11-10-2014 at 10:35 AM ----------

Anyway may as well post a few pics of our slings

First day they arrived both was hungry

They was taking food right up to just before they moulted. One chewed up the moult but I did manage to get the other one and carefully get it onto a microscope slide. As can be seen one is a female

Quite a size increase after the moult

---------- Post added 11-10-2014 at 11:15 AM ----------

I keep them like most of our other Pamphobeteus , not too warm about 18-20C . They have eaten small crickets, small Dubia and small Turkistan roaches all about the size of the spiderlings body . I noticed both like to sit on a piece of cork back at the end of their enclosure .

Quick feeding vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmgwwMAOeyA

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And I don't understand something....why is someone going to take an expensive tarantula and sell it to you...cheap? That's like a stranger buying a 350$ H. pulchripes and selling it to me for 20$, where is the logic in that?

multibit

Arachnopeon
A lot of new species to the hobby tend to be pricey, they are usually more affordable after a while when more are available . I've not attempted to breed them myself yet but I have read its very hard to get a successful sac from a lot of Pamphobeteus . I have no problem saving up and paying the asking prices for them, Pamphobeteus and Xenesthis are my favourite terrestrials

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Why does everything have to be dirt cheap with these hobbyists on here?!??!?! I'm getting tired of hearing people whine about how expensive t's are. I've put thousands into my collection because I worked for it!!! These lazy entitled hobbyists need to get a job and shut the front door!
:? Am I missing something here? I read this thread over 3 times, and for the life of me I can't figure out who you are talking to , or what inspired your rant ?

Anyways, depending on who you ask, some say the spider mentioned in this thread ( 7 years ago ) may be the same thing the U.S. hobby is calling Pamphobeteus nigricolor. Clicky clicky

Later, Tom

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is weird, Philth, me and fuzzyavics72 'rants' were on a completely different thread and now they are here.
That is REALLY weird.

SeanSYW

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And I don't understand something....why is someone going to take an expensive tarantula and sell it to you...cheap? That's like a stranger buying a 350$ H. pulchripes and selling it to me for 20$, where is the logic in that?
Maybe they bred this species and lowered the price since they have an excess, and wants other hobbyists without their budget to be able and share their enjoyment. The H. pulchripes example is a bit of an exaggeration, but if you look at the price of P. sazimai (I'm not sure about the rest of the world), a few weeks ago it would cost at least $150 for a sling, but now (at least in Canada) I can get a half inch for $40.
I don't know about you but I'd rather be paying less if I can.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
This is weird, Philth, me and fuzzyavics72 'rants' were on a completely different thread and now they are here.
That is REALLY weird.
Strange, can you link to the thread the comments are supposed to be in ?

Later, Tom

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I actually cant find the thread. I believe it was the one with the guy asking for the free tarantulas though. It doesn't even say I commented on it and I cant find it when I look through the forums..odd.

I even checked other peoples recent posts that commented in it and cant find it.