salmon pink birdeater(lasiodora parahybana)

gobey

Arachnoknight
Size, appetite, activity, and personality. These plus the always in view quality make my LPs worth it despite being a pretty basic black tarantula.

GG80

Arachnoknight
I love my L. p sling. The growth rate is facinating to me. In 3 molts he's gone from 1/2" to 1 1/4". I've kept his molts for comparison and it's amazing. I will admit that the reason I got him was because of the reputation for size but even if he peaks at 7-8" that's fine by me. I also have an A. genic sling that has grown quiet a bit and is a cool T aswell but the L. p is such a character.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Size, appetite, activity, and personality. These plus the always in view quality make my LPs worth it despite being a pretty basic black tarantula.
Yeah, this. I've been meaning to post that I've never seen a tarantula that was not interesting to LOOK at. They are giant spiders. How can that not be interesting? However, there are some I would consider a little boring to keep. For example, roseas, aren't exactly a thrill a minute although they can of course show some interesting attitudes when one interacts with them. Sometimes.

Now, striking colours can be a plus, but the lack of that isn't a deal-breaker for me. And tastes can vary. I've seen some folks say that they consider A. geniculata to be a "plain" spider, and I could not disagree more. Out of all the photos of tarantulas I've seen, the genic was the one that I decided I must have someday. In fact, I think the first one I ever saw may have been the one here in the caresheets section. It was the contrast of the black and the white along with the size that caught my eye, which led me to learn of their growth rate and feeding response.
I have an L. parahybana, and while I did not choose it (my current group of spiders were all gifts to me, the only one of the bunch I chose was my genic) I'm pleased I have it. I think a person should have at least a couple fast-growers to offset the ones that grow at a glacial speed.