Salmon Pink Bird Eater or Brazilian Giant White Knee?

Which one do you like better? Salmon Pink Bird Eater or Brazilian Giant White Knee

• Total voters

CEOAirsoft

Arachnopeon
I really like both these Ts and I'm trying to decide which one I want to get. The Giant White Knee looks cool but the Salmon Pink gets really large and grows fast which I like. Does anyone have any insight or opinions on either of the two.

P.S. I would be buying them as slings.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Buy both, Christ :)

Reason is, while I do prefer A.geniculata you can't betray L.parahybana, always a 'myth', at least in this little nation where I live (during the Arachnid ban hard moments certain people would had killed for one, lol) not to mention that is by far probably the most cheapest Theraphosidae, but reaches quite nice size, easy to care, fluffy.

Both my man. Both u_u

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
There both readily available and affordable.. Get the two of them :). Despite liking them both, I lean more genic in preference, how could you not resist this face.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I only have a LP so cant say I wouldn't like the A. genic any better. The LP's do grow fast I bought my 1" sling last Sept and its already nearing 6" after its last molt.
Glad I lucked out and got a female. I am going to feed her "Mucho Mas" and see just how big I can grow her.

2016-09-10 10.47.45.jpg

DeanK

Arachnosquire
The genic because it is a trash compactor with 8 legs. Love watching this eating machine at feeding time

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Get both.. Lp is like $6 for a sling and genics are $8-10.. Why pay all that shipping for just one T?

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've gotta go with the genic. Always out in the open, very aggressive feeding response - and gorgeous! (Not that there's anything wrong with the L.p. - I had one of those, too, and he was a beauty! Unfortunately, he was... well... a "he" - so after he hooked out, I swapped him to someone that could set him up with a lady friend.)

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I have both, and enjoy them both immensely. The genic DOES have the LP beat in appearance, but they are rather equal in terms of behaviour. My genic is considerable smaller than the LP, because I got her at 3/4 inch a year and 4 months ago, while I've had the LP for a roughly 2 years. 2 years and ten days to be exact, I was curious so i checked the date.
Get both. LPs are cheap enough to make the extra cost negligible.

CEOAirsoft

Arachnopeon
I might end up getting both because like you guys said L.P.s are very cheap. But I'm not sure where to put them once they get older. Maybe I'll just stick with the A. Genic.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I have both. I got the genic. about 3 months ago. The genic. has grown from 1in to about 2.25 inches. The LP I have had for about 2 months and it molted once and barely gained any size. It went from .25 inches to like .3 inches. People say these things grow like weeds, but the genic. seems to be growing much faster.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I have both. I got the genic. about 3 months ago. The genic. has grown from 1in to about 2.25 inches. The LP I have had for about 2 months and it molted once and barely gained any size. It went from .25 inches to like .3 inches. People say these things grow like weeds, but the genic. seems to be growing much faster.
The difference being the Genic was already an inch and the LP was .25. Almost all NW terrestrials growth is appealingly slow till they hit about an inch when the seem to accelerate dramatically my LP was 1' about a year ago and is now over 5"

Haemus

Arachnosquire
@CyclingSam My sister picked up her LP right at the end of may as a 0.5" sling. I'm looking at the thing now and it's gotta be at least 2.5". She keeps the room at warm with a beefy space heater though, and it eats more than I do.

Those A. geniculata are stunning though, I prefer it aesthetically over the LP.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
No question about it: geniculata. Gorgeous spider. Are you under the impression that LP's are one of the biggest tarantulas? They're not. Dealers inflate their size so they can move those hundreds of tiny slings on their shelves. They average around 7-8", and genics get that big too, so size isn't a consideration between these two species. Go for color.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
My LP has just molted guys. It's a good 4.5-5 inches now. This is the 4th molt in my care and they grow like weeds.