Salmon Pink Bird Eater or Brazilian Giant White Knee?

Which one do you like better? Salmon Pink Bird Eater or Brazilian Giant White Knee

• Total voters

CEOAirsoft

Arachnopeon
Look at the the video at the :27 second mark then compare her right hand to the size of the tarantula . The national average for a woman hand is 6.7 inches so it can assumed that the T in the video is about seven inches . Granted it could be even smaller since she appears to be a fairly small woman or even a teenager . I think that the ratio for hand length compared to height is roughly .10 in woman so if that T is ten inches then her height would be around 100 inches or 8.3 feet . That skinny little gal is not eight feet tall . That is over a foot taller then Shaquille O'neal . The stories of ten inch LPs are just fish stories that are told about Ts that people have seen but there is never one actually around when it comes time to give proof .
Ya'll are going way to deep into this! LOL! XD

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I have heard that P. ornata can reach 10'', with one of the trusted dealers at repticon (he only does tarantulas) even having his 10 inch ornata with a measuring tape to show how big she was as a showcase spider.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Ya'll are going way to deep into this! LOL! XD
This is what I do for a living . When one of our salesman are having a little trouble landing a new account I step in and seal the the deal . A couple of assumed stats , a few vague charts and a graph or two is usually all it takes to change a mind . Courtroom lawyers have been doing it for years and it has a very high success rate .

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Do LPs really not get 10"?

No. Like I said 7-8" is the norm, a few may get a little larger. Remember, most people can't measure a spider with any degree of accuracy.

Genics are also a 7-8" spider, there's a number of South American terrestrials that are that size.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I have heard that P. ornata can reach 10'', with one of the trusted dealers at repticon (he only does tarantulas) even having his 10 inch ornata with a measuring tape to show how big she was as a showcase spider.

That's a freak. 7-8" is the norm for ornata. That's the problem with this hobby. The size of one unusual, old specimen gets paraded around like it's the norm. People buy LP's believing the marketing hype, and think they're guaranteed a 10" spider. I had an adult female LP that never grew past 7". I've never had an ornata go over 7". There are people that are seven feet tall, what's the average human height? I'm 6'5" and I'm taller than almost everyone I'm around. Once in a while I see someone taller than me, and it's an odd feeling for me, having to look up to see someone's face.

Please, let's us average sizes. What I see on some price lists is ridiculous. It's like saying the tallest height recorded for a human is what every child is going to grow up to be.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
That's a freak. 7-8" is the norm for ornata. That's the problem with this hobby. The size of one unusual, old specimen gets paraded around like it's the norm. People buy LP's believing the marketing hype, and think they're guaranteed a 10" spider. I had an adult female LP that never grew past 7". I've never had an ornata go over 7". There are people that are seven feet tall, what's the average human height? I'm 6'5" and I'm taller than almost everyone I'm around. Once in a while I see someone taller than me, and it's an odd feeling for me, having to look up to see someone's face.

Please, let's us average sizes. What I see on some price lists is ridiculous. It's like saying the tallest height recorded for a human is what every child is going to grow up to be.
So i've heard that p. rufilata can be a 10'' T, is this also marketing hype or is there truth to it?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
So i've heard that p. rufilata can be a 10'' T, is this also marketing hype or is there truth to it?

Also a freak, if any, have ever gotten that big. Rufilata's a little larger than ornata. If you have an 8" rufilata, you're doing good. Don't expect it to get any bigger. I've seen some far fetched sizes put on Asian arboreals, and that sells spiders, but the reality is almost no one those will ever seen those sizes, maybe no one will.

A big tarantula is 7-8". Don't buy any expecting larger, unless it's a Theraphosa.