Sales from other countries

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
I have noticed that some sellers outside of the United States Selling and shipping to people in the US. After looking through these sellers reviews you can clearly see buyers that have received said orders are in the US Up to this year. I'm not trying to single any user out, but would maybe having sale ads that have listed in the ad itself the country they are selling these animals in plus a disclaimer that sales with other countries where prohibited to help stem some of these sells away. I know folks will still purchase from them in the US rolling the dice until eventually one gets confiscated. Maybe this will help without having to actually single out users that are doing this.

Example:
(Country of origin)
*Sales to customers in the USA are prohibited by law without proper permits*

And for us sellers
*US sales only*

I know it maybe an issue with some, but with issues we have seen in recent years involving smuggling and brown boxing I do not see the harm in having this.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
We go through this every once in a while. Those people who choose to buy live animals from overseas are responsible for their actions. Ignorance of the law has never been an excuse to break it. At the bottom of every page on this site is a Terms and Rules link which has rules and terms specifically for the Classifieds forum. Within that page there is a paragraph specifically regarding international sales as well as what is required for posting in the Classifieds forums. One of those requirements is that a user needs to have their location as part of their profile. There is no excuse for anyone to violate the terms and rules of this site or the laws regarding wildlife importation into the country of residence when it is already clearly laid out.

From an administration/ moderation stand point, we can't assume everyone who buys from overseas is brown boxing and just the same we can't assume everyone who is selling overseas from the USA is exporting without the proper licensure. Again, the rules of posting in the classifieds are available for anyone to read along with a notice regarding international sales. If no one reads it, it is on them.

We do our best to delete ads in the Classifieds forums that violate the terms and rules but sometimes things are missed. If you find a violation or something questionable, please hit that "report" button so a moderator can review it.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
We go through this every once in a while. Those people who choose to buy live animals from overseas are responsible for their actions. Ignorance of the law has never been an excuse to break it. At the bottom of every page on this site is a Terms and Rules link which has rules and terms specifically for the Classifieds forum. Within that page there is a paragraph specifically regarding international sales as well as what is required for posting in the Classifieds forums. One of those requirements is that a user needs to have their location as part of their profile. There is no excuse for anyone to violate the terms and rules of this site or the laws regarding wildlife importation into the country of residence when it is already clearly laid out.

From an administration/ moderation stand point, we can't assume everyone who buys from overseas is brown boxing and just the same we can't assume everyone who is selling overseas from the USA is exporting without the proper licensure. Again, the rules of posting in the classifieds are available for anyone to read along with a notice regarding international sales. If no one reads it, it is on them.

We do our best to delete ads in the Classifieds forums that violate the terms and rules but sometimes things are missed. If you find a violation or something questionable, please hit that "report" button so a moderator can review it.
If I had my say in things that post would be made into a sticky.