Salamanders, toads, or frogs?

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
So the other day I was looking into getting another marbled salamander, and while I was at it I remembered I have a 1'w x 1't x 2.5'L enclosure and was Deciding what may be a good fit of 3 animals I've been interested in keeping. Tiger salamander, toad, or whites tree frog? Anyone who can give me advice on thier activity, temper, level of upkeep, and noise?

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
Would probably be best suited to a few toads. Whites treefrogs appreciate more height and that amount of space is wasted on a tiger salamander.

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
That makes sense, I assume 2-3 small-medium would be good? Also do you know how loud/often they croak? I've had reed and, pond frogs who will generally only sing near breeding season. Would toads be near the same?

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
Would probably be best suited to a few toads. Whites treefrogs appreciate more height and that amount of space is wasted on a tiger salamander.
makes sense, do you know how loud/often they croak? Like muffled through a door? Or from across the house?

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
Likely depends on the toad species, but in my experience captive toads (unlike treefrogs) don't croak much if at all. And, of course, females don't vocalize. But if you do end up with a male who calls it will probably be very loud.

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
Likely depends on the toad species, but in my experience captive toads (unlike treefrogs) don't croak much if at all. And, of course, females don't vocalize. But if you do end up with a male who calls it will probably be very loud.
Thanks again! That's kinda what I'd heard but there's so many opinions it's hard to know, but having people who can verify, back each other up and give such advice is always so reassuring!

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
The African common toad (Schleroprys regularis) croaks randomly. It's a loud low croak not a high pitched trill like most. I find it enjoyable. It's mostly on the nights I mist, rain. Which is also the nights they are most active. Mine are shy. They like to burrow into the sub.
IMG_3798.JPG
IMG_3799.JPG
IMG_3801.JPG
IMG_3800.JPG

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
I did YouTube searches for each species call. I love toads but most toad calls are sharp trills.