Safe from escape? Folks have me freaked a little now

is the top right tank okay for my new Scolopendera s?

• yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I voted 'yes' :)

IMO you can sleep well and not like me :rofl: fighting here in Italy a pure 'S.subspinipes VS Man' battle, involving Dante Alighieri and his Divina Commedia, B.dubia that jumps from the 'sky' in a biblical way for that Mafioso every time I spot his/her antennae out, and other a la 'Papillon' noise in pure dawn of lovely trying to escape.

This is the perfect theme from old good Ennio's Italian days for my mutual Man/Centipede symbiosis:

kellysaxez

Arachnosquire
I voted 'yes' :)

IMO you can sleep well and not like me :rofl: fighting here in Italy a pure 'S.subspinipes VS Man' battle, involving Dante Alighieri and his Divina Commedia, B.dubia that jumps from the 'sky' in a biblical way for that Mafioso every time I spot his/her antennae out, and other a la 'Papillon' noise in pure dawn of lovely trying to escape.

This is the perfect theme from old good Ennio's Italian days for my mutual Man/Centipede symbiosis:

Bravissimo!!!! :) :) :) I miss the shows you all had the grace to send to the states on tour. I apologize for those in my country who don't appreciate the beauty and purity of voices alone being able to evoke such passion for love and life.. sigh.. ah well . I digress... I am glad to know you approve of my set up :) I am still worried though lol. As I was with Malala, and will be more so with Sayuri, until I get to observe her and know her particular ways. Even then, though, I will remain vigilant in keeping her housed safely, for her own protection as well as our own.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Your enclosure is a no escape from my point of view ;-)

They have an hard time climbing glass and plastic, the only reason why mine is able (plastic, not glass) is because he/she use, for climbing, the little holes I drilled, but I forgot to mention that if the bugger try 10 times (example) fails 8 at least nonetheless, plus, as I've said :) the height of my enclosure isn't taller at all like 'pede keepers suggest to have (30 cm more or less, but with substrate, less than 15).

Another thing I've noticed, once they settle (my S.subspinipes turned full pet hole, I know because I personally checked, removing the cork bark where the centipede hide, and there's a nice burrow, completely different from the T's one: a sort of rectangular, deep pool type spot lol) and their belly is always fed, they try to 'papillon' less :p

kellysaxez

Arachnosquire
hahahah! Papillon less.. good way of putting it. And I wish the true Papillon had made it out sooner than he did, poor dear lol

kellysaxez

Arachnosquire
but, they CAN and WILL, climb the silicone (rubber sealant) um how to say in Italian wait one sec .. oh lol it's still "silicone" lol. Sigh. I know Im going to hire a pro to come in. this is NOT a creature to be taken lightly or underestimated, pet hole or no. If you've lived my life, you'd know I'm a lightning rod for catastrophe so I prevent what i can :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
hahahah! Papillon less.. good way of putting it. And I wish the true Papillon had made it out sooner than he did, poor dear lol
Ah ah, the reason why I love to use 'Papillon' for centipedes isn't only because they are escape masters but also because Henri Charrière when he was in his jail in French Guyana one day had literally a 'shower' of scolopendra (I assume the giant American ones) to his head, lol, from the ceiling (or the walls, I don't remember now). They made an helluva of noise, ah ah :-s

kellysaxez

Arachnosquire
Ah ah, the reason why I love to use 'Papillon' for centipedes isn't only because they are escape masters but also because Henri Charrière when he was in his jail in French Guyana one day had literally a 'shower' of scolopendra (I assume the giant American ones) to his head, lol, from the ceiling (or the walls, I don't remember now). They made an helluva of noise, ah ah :-s
oh my i would soil myself for certain!!!