Safe Centipede Cage?

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I love that position, they are so gentle, like a baby sleeping :angelic: everytime I lift the cork bark for check if the centipede still is in the enclosure, I spot mine acting the same way as yours (btw mine went in full pet hole mode and made a nice burrowing under that cork).
Yup, mine has some nice tunnels. There is four entrance/exits and it randomly appears hanging out of them from time to time. There is one in the right back corner by the water dish, another all the way on the left back corner, one in the front left corner and one in the middle of the front pane. I'm guessing there may be another under it's big piece of cork bark in the middle too.

My baby S. dehaani usually just hangs out under it's cork bark and only has one tunnel.

Very interesting critters.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yup, mine has some nice tunnels. There is four entrance/exits and it randomly appears hanging out of them from time to time. There is one in the right back corner by the water dish, another all the way on the left back corner, one in the front left corner and one in the middle of the front pane. I'm guessing there may be another under it's big piece of cork bark in the middle too.

My baby S. dehaani usually just hangs out under it's cork bark and only has one tunnel.

Very interesting critters.
True. You know what sucks? That I've heard their lifespan is too short, damn :-(

Btw have you ever saw this pic? Fake, a scam like the Iraq camel spider pics or how that's possible? Wish to have a centipede so big and long :-s

1a742a1f435f56c4d3ba1ba2b5d4901a.jpg

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
True. You know what sucks? That I've heard their lifespan is too short, damn :-(

Btw have you ever saw this pic? Fake, a scam like the Iraq camel spider pics or how that's possible? Wish to have a centipede so big and long :-s

View attachment 217458
It is a shame. :/

I've seen that picture. There was a guy claiming it was his grandpa in the picture on Reddit. He said it was legit. I also don't see signs of Photoshop either.

I'm saying the guy in the picture was a small framed teen and his body coupled with the illusion that is forced perspective made that pede looked so much bigger than it actually was.

Leonardo the Mage

Arachnosquire
Leonardo, my man from Calgary Alberta Canada (like Bret 'Hitman' Hart <--- enter the crowd scream) I forgive you :angelic: :kiss:

I forgive you and your question, questioning my loyalty to the Goddess. Nothing is more important for me than the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus, the Queen of Theraphosidae.

The Goddess (PBUH - Peace Be Upon Her) is like a dream, is like the fresh water of an oasis after El Alamein desert "man VS steel" battle, the Goddess is a gentle benign Mother, the Goddess is the older Brother fighting for his young Brother against bullies, the Goddess is the sweet uncontrollable feeling that move the fingers of a sexy young Lady forced to become a nun at her first night of sex abstinence, the Goddess is the Pure, Noble Arditi Spirit Crazy Flame and so forth.

I just fall in love with centipedes attitude. IMO those are really badass, and a pleasure to watch while hunting. I'm concerned about their (seriously) escape ability but that's all... nothing more. I play hide and (cork bark) seek with mine.

My man Leonardo, don't close the door of your life to those amazing animals... My man Leonardo join us, the devoted, humble Priests of the Goddess, saviours of mankind :pompous:
I was merely commenting on how you said that Centipedes are "the ultimate badass" of all arthropods, which seemed to question the power of the GODDESS, pbuh. I only wished to bring you back to the bath of silky orange power, deep underneath the earth in our silk lined burrows. Thank you my friend for not over reacting.

I have actually met the Hitman of Calgary, he and his brother both work part time as substitute teachers with the CBE (Calgary Board of Education or Crapy Bureaucrats from Edmonton,) Whenever he comes in, dozens of kids ask for his autograph, so I asked him to sign my forehead. He was not amused.

Don't do it, @Leonardo the Mage! Don't let him talk you into one of those Demon with a Million Legs! Run!
Don't worry. Even if I wanted and/or thought I could handle one, my Mother strongly forbid it. As she is a vet with her own practice (with operating room,), she could remove several of my non-vital organs if I ever well and truly pissed her off. She's had plenty of practice.