sad story, sick people.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now nothing like this ever happens in my little peaceful town untill now. We have a local pet store called King Neptunes in Shorewood, IL. It was broken into over night and they took all the money. This is where it gets bad, whoever broke in put all the small rodents in with the rabbits and they rabbits ate them. The place also has 2 big birds(i dont know birds but there the colorful talking kind) and they killed the birds. The dogs were loose and hideing in the corner and limping. Who would do something like this, it makes me so mad.

edit: found link to story: http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/465367,4_1_JO12_PETSHOP_S1.article

Last edited:

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i am always dumbfounded when it comes to acts of vandalism like this....

a friend of mines owns and breeds pits, i'd love for someone to jump his fence and try beating some of his dogs

sadly they are probably huddled at some house, bragging to their other degenerate friends how cool they were for doing this!!!

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This really settles my hash godammit! AGH! They should brain whoever did this.

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What a twisted word we live in. The fact that the animals were attacked and not just released suggest to me that some coward had a grudge with the owner or a staff member. I hope they have very very stiff animal cruelty laws in IL. I hope the culprits are caught and receive the same treatment in prison.
Jason

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This really settles my hash godammit! AGH! They should brain whoever did this.
This is why I think we should go back to putting people in stocks in the center of town. Or caning. Perhaps caning them while they're in the stocks.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:mad: man this just makes me sick,those poor animals,ooh what i would do to those people.

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How horrid; those poor, poor animals. I'm not partial to hamsters, but having them mauled to death by rats is a horrible way to go. And the store is lucky the pups were merely tramuatized and not killed; whoever did this was a real sicko, and I can only imagine what could have happened given what allready did.
What I find almost equally unsettling, though, is that people are now buying puppies from that store in response to the act of cruelty. Pet store puppies (yes, even the "AKC" ones) are sourced almost exclusively from puppy mills, horrendous breeding farms with no regards to healthy genetics, sound breeding practices, or even proper vaccination and deworming. That the industry is being supported by well meaning animal lovers out of pity for this sad occurance means that more animals off in the mills will be abused in addition to the ones who were abused in this horrible act of cruelty. :(

Last edited:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What's harsh is what they did to those animals :rolleyes:
almost as bad as Eagles picking up baby lambs and flying up 100 feet and dropping them and watching them pop on the rocks then catching another and dropping it then another and another ... some time along the way they may eat a part of it. or Mountain lions killing and killing and killing much more than they need to eat, or house cats that kill everything they can just to kill it... sort of goes with being a predator and man is the Apex predator.
That dosent justify it in the least , but its part of our nature to kill things. Being somewhat intelligent and somewhat less civilized should give man the ability to curb those urges but alas , some people default to the lowest common denominator.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ever see 2 male rabbits fight? man do they bite the crap out of eachother,they can be pretty tough although they don't look tough{D

Dorcus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The article says that the hamsters were fed to rodents... Didn't mention anything about rodents being fed to rabbits.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
These people need to take a pokie to the face if you knw what I mean. I swear if anyone messed with my animals I would probably kill or injure them.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have. Some guys about 5 of them were messing with my sharpai/chow-pit mix (yeah i know he's a mut but i love him) and my backthen puppy boxer. I didn't hesitate to throw a puch and a very angry muscular dog helped me out too by just showing teeth. Of course the little one did attempt to bite them but she did very minimal damage.