Sad day

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Lil Caribena versi molted last night, I was happy they made it! They'd been acting a little weird since I unboxed them afew weeks ago. However I checked to find them dead this morning :(
I'm sad but I sort of expected this, all my other Ts are doing well considering how hot is it in the uk, I did lose a lil mantis nymph but thankfully nothing more than these 2.
On a positive note my G.pulchripes finally molted after months of premolt!

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Always sad to see this. You have me curious. Why were you expecting this? How many died?

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Always sad to see this. You have me curious. Why were you expecting this? How many died?
My room is the hottest in the house in winter, which is a negative for summer. When temps spike I've found you're more likely to have deaths, or atleast they occur more often during hot temperatures.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
I'm quite happy to live at 16 degrees, blame the Scottish blood in me but I turn into a tomato at anything more than 25
Lol who said anything about 16 degrees it was actualy like 20 here today so close to being melted with the white skin and red hair haha

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I'm so sorry you lost your Ts.
I'm so hot I always worry I am keeping my home too cool -- perhaps the cool is less dangerous than heat for them.
Anyway, sorry you had losses -- it never really gets easier, does it? :(

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Wait, 20 is hot??? Supposed to be in the upper 90s F here this week (37c).
The heatwaves in the south of England are more upper twenties/low thirties. Indoor temperatures can be 5-10C hotter, as the houses are built to keep in heat. Opening the windows is not enough. Few houses have air conditioning built in.

Last year, I had two cooling cubes (fans that use water), one tower fan, and containers of ice that I floated in the fish tank. It was enough to stop the animals from dying, but not enough to stop them suffering. This year, I have air conditioning. It's rapidly going to become essential as the UK gets more heatwaves like this. Some animals are happy to cook in 30C+ temperatures, but a lot aren't (I'm not happy about it, that's for sure).

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Indoor temperatures can be 5-10C hotter, as the houses are built to keep in heat
That's the opposite here my house is insulated yes and keeps the heat in but if I don't use my internal heating my I door temp drops dramatically even if its in the high 20s outside you find that's its always cooler indoors

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
The heatwaves in the south of England are more upper twenties/low thirties. Indoor temperatures can be 5-10C hotter, as the houses are built to keep in heat. Opening the windows is not enough. Few houses have air conditioning built in.
That makes more sense now. 100f outside usually means 80f inside in the hot room of my house.

15 (59 F) is classified as hot here (Scotland)
Its all relative I suppose. I toured Scotland when I was 18 but that was a long time ago. All I remember weather-wise was wearing long sleeves and a waterproof jacket.