Sac spiders interest?

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Someone mentioned them in another thread and it made me wanna make this thread. Sac spiders are kind of cool on their own. They're basically tiny wandering spiders like the much larger and feared Ctenids. They have just as much of their attitude, and while they're not bigger than a nickel, they happen to be aggressive and will pursue and bite people if disturbed. I experienced this myself twice lol. I'm sure these could make a good pet in a small enclosure, just have a healthy respect for them because they do hurt.

Oh and specifically, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheiracanthium_inclusum is the species I mean

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Agree 100% I have kept a few over the years and amazing hunters. It’s very funny when Trachelas pacificus give you a threat pose. Their so fearless. It be interesting to see different tropical species from Mexico or South America. I’m only familiar with my native local

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
The ones we have here in Europe are rather small, this one fell out of my window frame the other day.
IMG_20220528_211640.jpg IMG_20220528_211711.jpg
Suffice to say she was much fatter then. Cheiracanthium sp., about 15mm dls

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Agree 100% I have kept a few over the years and amazing hunters. It’s very funny when Trachelas pacificus give you a threat pose. Their so fearless. It be interesting to see different tropical species from Mexico or South America. I’m only familiar with my native local
Those look cool too lol, but I had the eastern arboreal type in mind when I made this thread. Do any like those occur in your area?

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Those look cool too lol, but I had the eastern arboreal type in mind when I made this thread. Do any like those occur in your area?
Yea I see tone of yellow sac spiders kept a few too. I sometimes mistake there sacs for phiddipus sacs. I also find them in leaves on trees which is really cool.

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
There's tons of male sac spiders wandering around recently. They're pretty cool, i saved a few of them at work from my fearful co-workers :rofl:

CanebrakeRattlesnake

Arachnosquire
Oh yeah around this time every year these guys come into my house and start wandering around looking for mates. They always end up on my bed and I've woken up... I think three times now, because one was crawling across my face. Thankfully when I'm half asleep I don't freak out and just scoop them up and chuck them onto my desk. :shy:

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
yea, same, the males are much more easily spotted too since they are yellow. The one above was my first female inside the flat.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Its amazing how these guys act. There extremely fast. They seem to arboreal in nature. I find wandering males all the time. There really fun to watch