Sac/Ground Spider?

marclar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm guessing this is either a sac spider or a ground spider?
I'm not really sure but I got some good pictures of it, these are the best spider photos I have taken :D.
For size comparison, the spider is climbing off a playstation 2 game box.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
my first inclination is to say ground spider, off of the spinnerets... but it does look a little goofy and i am not "keying" off of *anything* else

davisfam

Arachnoknight
Hmm.. not sure, it looks KINDA like a Hibana (ghost spider) but then again, I have no clue if these are in Ireland or not. I am not good with I.D.'s outside the United States although I found a document that has ALL the species of spiders located in the N. Ireland area. Maybe after researching some of them you can find your new spider an ID.. Good Luck! =)

Website/Document: http://www.ni-environment.gov.uk/spiders.pdf

davisfam

Arachnoknight
Nice link! Thanks.
Welcome! :) We have quite a few good links we've found over doing hours of research, lol. If your looking for any particular info, just let us know and we'll send you the link(s).. Take care! =)

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's not a Gnaphosidae, but a Clubionidae, Clubiona sp. Conical spinnerets (as opposed to cylindrical), and especially the regularly shaped posterior median eyes confirm it.

marclar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Would it be one of the Clubionidae that can bite? ,I think I've read bite reports from uk Clubionidae?

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What you have read, probably, are reports of bites from the genus Cheiracanthium, which was formerly in the Clubionidae but has been moved to the Miturgidae.
As for Clubiona sp., as far as i know, there has never been any report whatsoever about possible consequences from their bites. In other words, they aren't dangerous to man.