S. subspinipes dehanni close premolt pictures

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So this pede is very near tho change the exosqueleton. It have one month an a half wiouth eat, and the exosqueleton have a palid yellow color, when usually this pede is dark brown and orange. That says there is a fluid under the skin, so we can say that molt is going to succes in a couple of days.

Cheers
Carles

Last edited:

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Excellent pictures, especially the last one. I wish I ever saw mine without intruding into his home.

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks!

The molt has been very bad. I think this pede is gonna to die. Have the annus and the sex organs ouside of the body because the last segment and the terminal legs already have the molt on...

A big pitty.

Cheers
Carles

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I hope your pede is OK. :(

The last picture you posted is FANTASTIC. :worship: It should be a poster for sale.

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that man...What are you going to do?
I've give up as pieces of molt as I could, but this pede have a nasty look.

I give it by lose...:( Before live, comes the death. But I'm quite, all the parametres in the terrarium was ok, and I couldn' t do more...

Maxident; I like you like my last picture, so I prefer the first one.

Cheers
Carles

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that man. You win some, you loose some. That's the crappy part of it all :(

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And the end, arrived...

Here was the problem...

... and here the box where R.I.P.

Soon new Scolopendras invade this terrarium...:eek:

Cheers
Carles

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And the end, arrived...

Here was the problem...

... and here the box where R.I.P.

Soon new Scolopendras invade this terrarium...:eek:

Cheers
Carles
Sorry to hear that, but what is that in there? That thing in the bottom right corner, is that an octopus?

szappan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm very sorry for your loss Carles, you have my sympathies. :(

I'm sorry for such a 'newbie' question, but isn't there anything that could be done in such a situation? Perhaps with a pair of small scissors and tweezers to gently pull off the molt from the last few segments? I know this would stress the 'pede somewhat but it may also save it's life. :?

I don't know, maybe I'm just extra nervous because my sc. alternans is getting ready to molt.

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm sorry for such a 'newbie' question, but isn't there anything that could be done in such a situation? Perhaps with a pair of small scissors and tweezers to gently pull off the molt from the last few segments? I know this would stress the 'pede somewhat but it may also save it's life. :?
I did that; but it didn't get it.:eek:

And yes, there is a octopus! Cephalopods are the other inverts that I love.;) I was a present thet didn't survive a lot in the hands of a newbie in aquariums like me:}

Cheers
Carles

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i can't see the pictures at work....

but if you are keeping an octopus and a dehaani in the same cage then i think i might know why they died.

hehehe. un chiste ;)

jejejeje. un chiste, i meant

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Awe man, that'd hurt to see it come so close to finishing the molt. Oh well, new pede on the way.