S. Subspinipes colour morphs

Canfire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can anyone tell me the different colour morphs of Scolopendra Subspinipes and post a picture?

thanks in advance

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pffffffff, there are 8 subspecies, and there are a few colour variations between it. For example

-dehaani: with yellow legs, with orange legs, with magenta leggs.
-mutilans: red head, red legs, yellow legs, orange head,
-subspinipes: chinese cherry, java colormorph, barbados colormorph...
-chinese striped legs: ( I don't what is their subspecie): with or without stripes in the legs

And many more...

Cheers
Carles

P.D: maybe I'm wrong in some colors, confuse it is very often in me.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i think Steven said that there are only 5 subspecies, with the others either synonymized or elevated

and this is an interesting idea... you might consider actively searching the picture thread and adding links to as many different colormorphs as you find

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
as to this day, there are indeed 8 subspecie that i'm aware of,...
But I think after they get more examined closely probarly some are synonims.
I think many "so called" colorforms are just based on different camera/lightning settings.
Are you talking about the different subspecie or different colorforms in a subspecie ?

the only ones i can think of that realy are different to eachother in the subspecie Sc.subsp.subspinipes are:
1. common form = Vanuata, Barbados, Hawaii, West Indies, Malaysia, Java,.. etc.
2. Malaysian Jewel (dark body with white antennae)
3. Borneo colorform + Chinese Striped/Tiger legged (dark body+head)
4. Cherry Red (more reddish then the common form)
5. Bronze Malaysian (usually with black foot-tips)

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think many "so called" colorforms are just based on different camera/lightning settings.
The only colormorph magenta legs dehanni that I saw, was in a video that there are a centipede eating a bird. Provably Steven is in the right direction.

Cheers
Carles

HunterScolo

Arachnosquire
pffffffff, there are 8 subspecies, and there are a few colour variations between it. For example

-dehaani: with yellow legs, with orange legs, with magenta leggs.
-mutilans: red head, red legs, yellow legs, orange head,
-subspinipes: chinese cherry, java colormorph, barbados colormorph...
-chinese striped legs: ( I don't what is their subspecie): with or without stripes in the legs

And many more...

Cheers
Carles

P.D: maybe I'm wrong in some colors, confuse it is very often in me.
Absolutely 100% no couldn’t even be remotely more wrong like literally couldn’t be farther from the truth. That’s laughable to a whole new extent. Jesus.
subspinipes isn’t like some mother species that literally all of the Asian species are subspecies of. Like what are u thinking. Jesus Christ man…… NO I can’t believe this level of misinformation was ever welcomed. <edit>

Last edited by a moderator: