S.Subspinies And Phantom Eggs?

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just More of a question really, I came across my big Scolopendra subspinipes de haani Mai Chau playin' auround in the dirt and found these a couple days later...There's only four of them so I'm wondering if she is laying eggs that are "phantom eggs" Or if there is a chance that she could be getting ready to drop a couple more? A couple of them IF they are Eggs looked like they were dried up as well, but here's the best pic of them I could find...

Last edited:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if she's still pretty robust she'll proberly lay more,i have a mai chau and hong kong giant that both just laid some eggs,the mai chau laid a few aweek ago,they were gone(she ate them)then she just laid a bunch more and is wrapped around them,and hasn't eaten any of them.....yet, it's pretty strange what they do sometimes,and yes those the eggs in your pic.:)

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not Sure if you can get a good image of her girth from this pic, but I'd say she's about an inch or so....Definatly looks like she's just FAT...So We'll just have to see I guess...Anyways, Here's a couple pix of her

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:drool: oh yeah, she's excactly like mine a double,she'll proberly lay some more,mine is the same girth as yours.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i know what you mean, when she ate the few eggs last week i though..oh well,then she started to eat more crickets and then BLAM!:eek: she started to lay a bunch this time and she's wrapped around them very tight,and my hong kong is still wrapped around hers also, i'm sure pretty soon yours will lay somemore:clap:

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's what Im shooting for! Just seems like a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG wait!

ranticalion

Arachnopeon
Those aren't eggs. I've found those in bags of potting soil before. I don't know exactly what they are, but I think they're there to help maintain moisture because when I squeeze them, they pop and squirt water. I'd imagine an egg would squish more than pop, plus they'd probably have something other than clear liquid inside. Go dig around in a bag of potting soil and I'm positive you'll find more.

Also, to my knowledge, centipedes don't leave eggs laying around in random places. They curl up around them and if they aren't going to keep them, they eat 'em.

Timmy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well that isn't potting soil, it's coco fibre, which is dry and compressed when you buy it so it wouldn't come with the "moisturizing balls".

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They're DEFINATLY eggs, She's Laid a clutch as of this last saturday so we'll see what happens!

Teeroy

Arachnopeon
Good luck!!! That would be awesome....Love to get a pedeling from you.