S.o.s.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I spotted some mold on the piece of wood my T.Blondie used as a shelter it was just above the spider... I took it of asap and then saw some black spots on the spider's abdoment.. I took the spider out and now she is resting in a small plastic container on some new soil. What should I do????? Here are a couple of links to photos of the situation.....

www.geocities.com/genious_gr/spots

www.geocities.com/genious_gr/Mold

Please help I am sooooo worried, this is my fist and only T':8o

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In anticipation of the eventual question : You have to copy-paste the link location, simply clicking won't work; geocities power.

Sorry I can't help with your situation though, hope she isn't moldy :/

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
heres what I'd do:

1) if possible, apply petroleum jelly (or vaseline is the brand name) to the areas - mould needs to respire, this jelly will stop respiration, and destroy the mould.. dont cover the booklungs :p

2) raise temperature and humidty, and feed more, in order to provoke an early moult.. if the spider is big though this may take a long time..

hope they help... you could resort to 3 minutes or so in the refridgerator to destroy the mould, the T will be fine, just a little slow and weary

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So those black spots are mold?????

The spider hasn't been eating for a long time, and I was hoppin she would molt....

Should I be worried about her, or is she goin to be fine????

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not nessecarily it has to be mold...
could be marks caused due to hair flicking????

the vaseline trick is risky if you're not doing it right.

GREEK...
Pano, ti xorta einai auta pou exeis sto enydreio sou?
Mipws tin kratas poly ygri?

Bale tis foto sto group gia na tis doune kai ta paidia kai na pareis merikes gnwmes akomi.

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
are these black spots like raised bumps over the skin, or do they seem under the skin and kind of pigmentary? a tarantulas abdomen will slowly turn black as it gets really close to a molt. are you sure this isnt what is happening?

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lycanthrope
are these black spots like raised bumps over the skin, or do they seem under the skin and kind of pigmentary? a tarantulas abdomen will slowly turn black as it gets really close to a molt. are you sure this isnt what is happening?
She has never molted before so I don't know how it is like when it molts. They don't look like "raised bumps over the skin" they just look like areas of black skin..