S. heros arizonensis!

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Well, I finally received a nice shipment of stuff last Thursday, but here was the crown jewel:

As you can see, this little guy is the banded color morph of arizonensis... fairly rare and VERY beautiful! :)

You comments are questions are appreciated... :)

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, quite frankly, whether it was rare or not, it is a beaut! Being a descently rare color morph just adds icing to the cake! I like the bands a lot more than without. I guess it just adds more definition of colors and looks nicer to me. Great pede, Mr. Int! One of these days, maybe I'll get my hands on one or two of them.

adios,
edw. :D

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Darn....I wish I didn't see that. I am waiting for a Peruvian from Invertepet and now I can't wait again. The Arizonisis is a great pet species, does not burrow at all. I bought a 10 incher from Bryant at Arachnocentric a few days before he died. It finaly died a while back and never did molt again. I guess it died from old age. I still think it is the best pet centepede after the Peruvans.!

Bob

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
YEAHHHH
realy nice,

damn you lucky b. ;)

You already had a Castanaceips iff i remeber correctly, Do they have a lot common (not the appareance but i mean behaviour and stuff)?

greetz

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by gongyles
You already had a Castanaceips iff i remeber correctly, Do they have a lot common (not the appareance but i mean behaviour and stuff)?
Actually, they couldn't be more dissimilar at this point... the SHA will NOT readily take food and has only eaten pre-killed food at night so far.... all 3 of my SHC's will take live food right off the tongs :) I'm still waiting to see if he's trying to come around from "trip stress" or if he's just going to be more reclusive.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey, may i ask how many Scolopendras you've got ?, i just read you've already have 3 SHC :eek: and i've seen a pict of your Hawaiin species also, so i'm very curriuos about your total collections of invertables :}

probarly "trip stress" why she isn't so hungry,...

greetz

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lucky! Tey have that morph of SHA at the local butterfly pavillion here. I couldn't talk them into a trade for anything though. *sigh*
Very cool Tom! :)

Atrax

BugBoyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Comments: Very nice pede!! Exactly what I'm trying to find. I really am warming up to all the SHssps. Everything I've heard and read about them makes them out to be really great pedes.
Questions: Ok, where did you get him.....or her? I haven't really seen any on any dealer list lately....either I'm looking at the wrong dealers or I'm looking at the wrong time. Also, just out of curiousity....How much did it cost? This will help me as for my quest to find one my self and get it at a good price. Also what else did you get in your "shipment"? Anything eles worth mentioning?

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by gongyles
Hey, may i ask how many Scolopendras you've got ?, i just read you've already have 3 SHC :eek: and i've seen a pict of your Hawaiin species also, so i'm very curriuos about your total collections of invertables :}

probarly "trip stress" why she isn't so hungry,...

greetz
9 Scolopendra so far... and I am hoping it's trip stress....

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Atrax
Lucky! Tey have that morph of SHA at the local butterfly pavillion here. I couldn't talk them into a trade for anything though. *sigh*
Very cool Tom! :)

Atrax

Hmmm.... you're like the third person who has mentioned seeing this morph... maybe they're not as rare as I thought?

And yes, academic/scientific places are very clingy when it come sto hard to find stuff... I've tried sweet-talking EVERY university and college library that has a copy of "The Biology of Centipedes" (Lewis), and they're like, "BUY a book? HSAHAHAHHHAHA!" ;)

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
Re: Re: S. heros arizonensis!

Originally posted by Professor T
Does S.h.a. have a red body color morph?
Actually, it seems that there are two pattern morphs... one being solid colored body with black on the head and first two tergites, and the last two tergites, and the second being the same, except with extra banding laterally across the tergites, breaking up the solid color. This solid color seems to be variable, whether by locale or whatever... I have seen SHA pics show the solid body morph to be very light tan, dark tan, light red, and a darkish red like Brandon posted a couple of weeks ago:
http://www.arachnopets.com/arachnoboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7830

Anyway, like all pedes, there's no hard and fast rules as to coloring... however, I HAVE only seen this banded morph display the lightish tan color as the base color... maybe all these banded morphs are from the same locale?

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by AGGRO
Comments: Very nice pede!! Exactly what I'm trying to find. I really am warming up to all the SHssps. Everything I've heard and read about them makes them out to be really great pedes.
Questions: Ok, where did you get him.....or her? I haven't really seen any on any dealer list lately....either I'm looking at the wrong dealers or I'm looking at the wrong time. Also, just out of curiousity....How much did it cost? This will help me as for my quest to find one my self and get it at a good price. Also what else did you get in your "shipment"? Anything eles worth mentioning?
Well, it depends on which species of heros you're looking for. SHC are available somewhat often... I know Glades had like 9 adult SHC on their invert list last week. SHH I've only seen a couple of times, from Glades and Gearheart. SHA I've never seen for sale... well, except the one I got. ;) You're best bet is making friends with Brandon before he goes out collecting again :) You don't want to know what I paid for it, because you'll hate me *cough$10cough*. :D However, this was a one-time thing worked out between me and the seller, definitely NOT what you should expect full grown SHA to go for. I paid $60 for my full grown SHC (bought @ 9"), and that's about what you can expect, maybe a bit less if the dealer has a few in stock. If I found a SHA adult for any amount under $100, I'd consider it a bargain.

Other pedes in the shipment were S.s. de hanni (VICIOUS eater), 2 more SHC (both about 6"), and S.s. Hawaiian morph... great pedes all. :)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by Mister Internet
You don't want to know what I paid for it, because you'll hate me *cough$10cough*. :D
You really do need to come to the ATS conference so I can beat you with a stick for that one........A REALLY BIG STICK ;)

Scott