S. hardwickei legal hurdles for exporting from India?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd just find somebody willing to export. I've heard you can legally import inverts if the amount of animals is below what is considered "commercial use" but you still have to fill out paperwork, stating the species, #, etc., typical stuff probably ...if it's true. If you can do it this way, it's hard to find the forms, at least I couldn't find the forms but I didn't look hard. Also you may have to travel to an import along the coast somewhere to claim the box, just guessing there.

Pradhan

Arachnopeon
I'm not going to give out personal details of my friend. The reason that I think he can help me on this is that Indian wildlife permits are acquired by writing a formal letter to the Game Officer in the area. It is very vague about the particulars and it seems like knowing the officer or being in the Provence is going to be more important than the law when it comes to getting a permit granted for a request that is out of the ordinary. His uncle has a game preserve and his family is very influential and I'm hoping that by having his name associated with the permit request they might approve it. A lot of government offices will reject "out of the ordinary" requests on site.
Oh ok, are you comfortable with at least telling me the name of the game reserve which his uncle owns? Because I have not come across a private game reserve in India.. all the reserves come under government land, which have a lot of restrictions..

Scoly

Arachnobaron
There is at least one person who successfully breeds and sells Hardwickei in the UK, he has a facebook group. Might be worth looking into?
That would be Bradley Doak, who is rapidly making a name for himself as a complete dunce by running a facebook group on which he proclaims himself an expert, dishes out his own brand of (sometimes completely wrong and even dangerous advice) to noobs, and instantly bans anyone who disagrees with him without warning. It's pretty funny and we joke about it quite a lot. So yes, he does breed and is a good source of centipedes, but I'd stay well clear of his facebook group, or at least don't believe all the advice he spews out on there, and expect to be banned if you correct him.

Another Hardwickei breeder is Tom Cabuy in Belgium, who has probably put as much effort into sourcing Hardwickei direct out of India as anyone else. One unexpected issue he faced was the lack of males. I think he got hold of 11 Hardwickei through various sources, only for them to all turn out female. In fact he is currently actively searching for a male again. So that's one thing to consider.

As for this game reserve, India is a big place, and as far as I understand Hardwickei only occur in and around Maharashtra...

As for getting legal permits, if it's like any other permit in India you will likely need a) to go through a fair bit of unnecessary bureaucracy, b) pay a bribe or two at some stage, and c) someone local to help you through the above.

I'd say an easier route to success is putting in place a trusted channel from Europe to US ready to snap up the next pedelings that become available, but that's my two cents :)

tom cabuy

Arachnopeon
That would be Bradley Doak, who is rapidly making a name for himself as a complete dunce by running a facebook group on which he proclaims himself an expert, dishes out his own brand of (sometimes completely wrong and even dangerous advice) to noobs, and instantly bans anyone who disagrees with him without warning. It's pretty funny and we joke about it quite a lot. So yes, he does breed and is a good source of centipedes, but I'd stay well clear of his facebook group, or at least don't believe all the advice he spews out on there, and expect to be banned if you correct him.

Another Hardwickei breeder is Tom Cabuy in Belgium, who has probably put as much effort into sourcing Hardwickei direct out of India as anyone else. One unexpected issue he faced was the lack of males. I think he got hold of 11 Hardwickei through various sources, only for them to all turn out female. In fact he is currently actively searching for a male again. So that's one thing to consider.

As for this game reserve, India is a big place, and as far as I understand Hardwickei only occur in and around Maharashtra...

As for getting legal permits, if it's like any other permit in India you will likely need a) to go through a fair bit of unnecessary bureaucracy, b) pay a bribe or two at some stage, and c) someone local to help you through the above.

I'd say an easier route to success is putting in place a trusted channel from Europe to US ready to snap up the next pedelings that become available, but that's my two cents :)
For your informaton.

I found a male :)

All wildlife is protected in India under a law from 1972.