S. h heros eggs

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here is the S. heros heros egg mom. I hadn't even gotten around to housing it, just too much stuff right now for me.

aaandyyy5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice! I captured one of these out in West Texas last month. Good luck with the eggs.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Congrats on the eggs and good luck with em :)

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Forgot to ask, did you catch the mom? If so, where?

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice!!!! Good luck with her!!!! Also, i'd like to ask how humid you keep the babies and the mom... i used to keep a few pedelings but i lost them all and they were kept at about 50-60% humidity...

phil.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The mom is pretty small. I found it in w tx. I've found a few and don't know exactly were caught this one. You can find them thoughout w tx on cuts in the roads in w tx hilly areas. Sometimes they are running around on the road. They are not all over the place and can be hard to find. Easier AND cheaper to buy one since gas is pretty expensive.

I keep babies in closed deli containers with small holes with a bigger one on top so I can drop food in. Here are some that were born last year. I'm pretty sure the humidity is 80% to 100% in these containers depending on the temp in my house. I don't let the coco get too dry. When the temp goes down at night, I can usually see some condensation on the plastic where the dirt is so I don't use any other water source. They've been in these containers for a year now. Getting kinda big so I'll need to do something else pretty soon, maybe let some go and mail some others.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You're not worried about escapees from the holes? Or is that what the coins are for?

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So you basically keep your sc.h.h. like your sc.h.c?!?! The ones i was keeping were much drier than my castaneiceps... if your method works, that might explain why mine died, sadly enough. If you're going to send some heros ssp away, please keep some for me, i'm actually in the process of finding a broker :).

phil.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh, S. h. heros ...yeah I have been keeping those on drier sub. But I've been spraying the sides of the plastic about once or twice a week so they have something to drink if they need it. I have 4 adults and they are all in closed-in containers right now. I've got images of big ant-farmish type enclosures for these pedes. Maybe with a 2 inch space between the sides with pockets of rocks, pockets of sand and coco fiber mix in diff places ...if you really got into it. I might go buy some glass and try it, ha, kinda crazy sounding. I'm going to consider your experience and see how the babies do with moisture, or less of it. I've never had S. h. heros babies before. Hope she hasn't eaten them, I haven't checked.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, good luck w/eggs,i had all three sp.heros lay eggs(castanip,heros heros,arizonensis)they were all pretty good moms,suspinipies were alittle more nervous,here's a good catcher my cb castanicepts(spelling)raised from a pedeling is wrapped around a bunch of eggs,she's cleaning them etc,ofcourse they won't hatch..........or will they hmm i guess we will see.