S. h. castaneiceps+ S. h heros mating

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I heard from a reliable source that all the S. heros color forms are all the same species. So I attempted to fire a mating with the two tonight. They stayed in the position you see in the pic for about 30 minutes. Then the female finally turned away. How do I know male from female? I had some that laid eggs last year. Other than that, I'm just speculating and looking at behavior, don't really know for sure. Anyway, I thought it might be a very long night. Maybe next time. And maybe time to find more S. heros heros to exp with!! I have a lot more S. h. castaneiceps than I do S. h. heros.

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome man- you REALLY gotta hook me up with a s. h. heros... good luck on your attempts...

Graham

Greg Pelka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Keep trying:)
S. heros spp. are just subspecies, some scientiscts all of them just calling S. heros complex. As same as S. subspinipes spp. they should mating withou't problems:)
I wonder, what'll be their kids colormorphs:)

Greg

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd be pretty curious to see what would come out of a mating between those two... not that i like hybrids... Hey Galapo, how humid do you keep your heros heros? I've had a few pedelings but i lost them all, shame on me...

phil.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd be pretty curious to see what would come out of a mating between those two... not that i like hybrids... Hey Galapo, how humid do you keep your heros heros? I've had a few pedelings but i lost them all, shame on me...

phil.
I think I have most of mine a little too much on the wet side. That coco is slow to dry out in the low vent containers. I had a few babies kick the bucket too. No panicking or anything like that. It was as though they just fell asleep and never woke up. Out of all the babies I had, I would guess that 1 out of 7 or 8 died like that ...don't know why. It seems that around 2 or 3 inches, they are much hardier. OK dudes, I'll try the mating thing again sometime later. I'd like to find 2 or 3 more, ...makes it a lot easier.