S. h. arizonensis, female?

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes I think so because there isn't any gonopod in the picture.
(but I don't know if male S. heros has gonopods like othe species like s. susbspinipes or s. cingulata)

Cheers
Carles

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My crazy guess would be female but I'm not used to sexing them that way as you know. Can you blow a little harder on the other end of the pede to make it stick out more?

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks for the all the inputs... i really appreciate them.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

My crazy guess would be female but I'm not used to sexing them that way as you know. Can you blow a little harder on the other end of the pede to make it stick out more?
Lol, Todd! well, i got a new lead for the S. aztecorum, so i'm hoping to go on another hunt next weekend. It's still about an hour away from my place. It just rained yesterday. anyway, you told me that you have two males S. h. arizonensis, so hopefully we can do a breeding loan. also, i might be able to send you some S. aztecorum to play with if i find enough.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

How do you do this without getting bit?
drown them

Lateralus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi KyuZo,

Your centipede is most likely female as dictated by the lack of any visible gonopods or spinning organs.

The differences between the sexes for this species is as clear as night and day once you know what to look for. ;)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Damien

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks Damien, I still sex mine by behavior when I put them together, I need to stop being so lazy. OK Jason, I'll plan on putting one of the males in the mail tomorrow unless you stop me for some reason, you know ...if your going out of town or something like that. It's hot though!, going to get a cool pack for it. I have two castaneiceps in the process of mating right now, the ones with the white legs.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow Damien, you are the man! thank you so much. that was a great help. i'm going to save that picture for future references. :worship:

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Thanks Damien, I still sex mine by behavior when I put them together, I need to stop being so lazy. OK Jason, I'll plan on putting one of the males in the mail tomorrow unless you stop me for some reason, you know ...if your going out of town or something like that. It's hot though!, going to get a cool pack for it. I have two castaneiceps in the process of mating right now, the ones with the white legs.
Lol, where is the "like" button around here? (haha, it's a facebook joke, Todd, so don't worry about it if you don't get it :p)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I may finally get talked into the Facebook thing sooner or later, lol I don't even have a cell phone, I haven't turned on my TV in about a week. I like to listen to the radio every day though, but I don't listen to much music, but I mess around with a guitar:?. I finally learned "Anthem" by Rush, took me a long time. It's hard for me but if I keep trying I usually get it. The heros pedes are still together, he's having to try really hard. They are siblings, but it's legal if your a pede:D

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I may finally get talked into the Facebook thing sooner or later, lol I don't even have a cell phone, I haven't turned on my TV in about a week. I like to listen to the radio every day though, but I don't listen to much music, but I mess around with a guitar:?. I finally learned "Anthem" by Rush, took me a long time. It's hard for me but if I keep trying I usually get it. The heros pedes are still together, he's having to try really hard. They are siblings, but it's legal if your a pede:D
Lol, facebook is more like an email thing for me. anyway, i haven't watched TV since 2003. when i have the time someday, i want to learn how to play the piano. Lol, we are so off topic, haha!

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that's funny that i can hear you playing the guitar in the background while your centipedes are going at it :rolleyes:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
'Pedes like Rush? Why didn't you guys tell me before that that was the key to mating?! Does it have to be 70s era or can I use something keyboard heavy like Grace Under Pressure?

S. aztecorum: if you need any breeding partners, moral support, babysitters or an online pede dating service like PedeHarmony(TM)...holla!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
'Pedes like Rush? Why didn't you guys tell me before that that was the key to mating?! Does it have to be 70s era or can I use something keyboard heavy like Grace Under Pressure?

S. aztecorum: if you need any breeding partners, moral support, babysitters or an online pede dating service like PedeHarmony(TM)...holla!
"fo sho" :D

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Jeff is a filthy little philandering nympho. It was mighty nice of him to place his spuzz where you could get video shots. BTW, Jeff's last date is looking very thick & has long since stopped eating. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

For translation purposes only;):

http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
He's looked really ragged for almost 2 years now, no molts. His sis looks a lot better and she's pretty big, I think she molted a few weeks ago. They come from an area where they have kind of a goth colored red on their heads. It's not bright, more like a rusty dark red, terminals tend to be aqua colored and legs lighter. John has she dug under a rock? I've had them lay eggs in delis too. A person can tell if they are going to lay eggs(or molt) in a deli when they start moving dirt around and pushing it up against the edges of the deli, making something like a bowl.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
He's looked really ragged for almost 2 years now, no molts. His sis looks a lot better and she's pretty big, I think she molted a few weeks ago. They come from an area where they have kind of a goth colored red on their heads. It's not bright, more like a rusty dark red, terminals tend to be aqua colored and legs lighter. John has she dug under a rock? I've had them lay eggs in delis too. A person can tell if they are going to lay eggs(or molt) in a deli when they start moving dirt around and pushing it up against the edges of the deli, making something like a bowl.
It looks that way, although there wasn't a lot of space under the rock(chunk of flagstone atop small stones) to begin with. She came out to see what all the commotion was when I was doing maintenance in the bug room. I was a little shocked since she was thicker than I remembered, esp. the last half of the body. Man, I used to love goth red heads{D