S cal or H mac?

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm currently doing research between what seem to be the 2 (perhaps) most dangerous Ts one can own. I'm going to be researching and thinking for the next few weeks and would like to get some opinions, especially from those that have had these beautiful animals in their collection.

I'm looking for differences in temperament, adult size, growth, speed, habits, sexual dimorphism, etc. Anything you wouldn't mind sharing I would certainly appreciate. And before it's mentioned, yes, I'm sure I'll get both given enough time. But help me make a decision by giving me info on both of these! If you have any spectacular pictures, you are welcome to share those as well! Seems as though care is pretty straightforward...dry, elevated, let them live how they want, clean water dish. Thanks guys!

DeathsPyro12

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Speaking from owning both I would say my H.mac is more calm then the S.calceatum I had, but the H.mac also hides alot more under the sub where my S.cal would make tube webs and sit at the top daring me to open the enclosure. My vote, S.cal all the way.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Speaking from owning both I would say my H.mac is more calm then the S.calceatum I had, but the H.mac also hides alot more under the sub where my S.cal would make tube webs and sit at the top daring me to open the enclosure. My vote, S.cal all the way.
That would probably make a large difference of what I get first. I keep comtemplating getting H lividum, King Baboon, etc, but I stray to the spiders that are not pet holes. Do you often see the S cal then, and not often see the H mac?

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I rarely see my h. mac and never during the day. Once in a rare while I'll get up in the middle of the night with a flashlight and catch him, but other than that - never.