S. alternans clutch photojournal

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Woah, amazing pictures! Are you going to be selling them?
Thanks, I appreciate it :)

I plan on selling some of them, but I don't think I could possibly (legally ;)) be an option for you, since I do not live in the US.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh wow look at those little cuties! I just want to hug them and pet mom for a job well done...
Not sure how that will turn out haha

Great job draiman, now all you need is a little youtube movie of the process :D (pictures with fades hehe)

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
That August 14th pic if very cool...reminds me of little Fibbonacci sequences.

I hope you don't mind, Gavin, but rather than start a new thread:

One of my S. alternans (Haiti) is on eggs as of yesterday. The thing is, it is barely 5 in. long, if that. I know it's not out of the realm of possibility for a presumed juvenile to lay eggs. What's the chance of them being viable?

BTW, what size is your new mother, Gavin?

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I hope you don't mind, Gavin, but rather than start a new thread:

One of my S. alternans (Haiti) is on eggs as of yesterday. The thing is, it is barely 5 in. long, if that. I know it's not out of the realm of possibility for a presumed juvenile to lay eggs. What's the chance of them being viable?

BTW, what size is your new mother, Gavin?
First of all, congrats :)

I remember reading somewhere that alternans are sexually mature at 4-5 inches, but it was a hobbyist who said it so it could just be hearsay. But I suppose your pede now proves this correct..? I'm sure if she really is mature and is wild caught then there is every chance that she's already been mated.

Mine is about 17-18cm, just over 7 inches. A pretty big girl.

Spidercrazy

Arachnosquire
love the pics!! how many plings are there in that clutch? or did you not get an accurate count yet? do it before they run and hide in the sub {D

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Riding your coattails again, Gavin, sorry. Grandma came over and wanted to see her "grandchildren" so I broke my own rule and took a pic:

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
August 30, I think they'll be molting into 2nd instar within the next day or two:

Last edited:

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very sweeeeeeet..... Soon they're gonna get colorful, and hopefully a few in my hands. :D